Tucked away in a little cave-like nook between Red Rock and Stinson Beach is Little Stinson Beach, which has become a hangout for a few nude gay males.
"There's not much of a place to lie down," says Red Rock Beach regular Fred Jaggi. "It has more rocks than sand."
If rangers see you heading in the direction of the Little Stinson, they'll ask you to leave. Nudity is banned here and at neighboring Stinson Beach. Anyone trying to ford the wind-whipped waves to reach the cove from Stinson risks drowning and injury. During low tide, a few Little Stinson visitors sometimes walk to Red Rock, which also isn't advised.
part of the GGNRA's Stinson Beach Park, where nudity is not allowed.
Users park in the main Stinson Beach lot and walk along the sand from the main beach in low tide or north from Red Rock Beach. Neither route is recommended.
Mostly rocks, with dabs of sand, backed by a cave between two coves directly north of Red Rock.
Little Stinson only gets a few visitors. It's almost totally a gay hangout.
Dangerous access; rocks; high waves; law enforcement; great white sharks tend to appear in the waters off Stinson every few years.
Select an Area:
Most Commented On
- All this talk of "unfunded - May 1, 2010
- Question For Arthur Evans - May 1, 2010
- Lynn Woolsey is an old Hippie ? - May 1, 2010
- Arthur Evans Continues To Mislead Through Omission - May 1, 2010
- The Talent - May 1, 2010
- Obstructing Sidewalks - May 1, 2010
- Oh, for heaven's sake, is it - May 1, 2010
- Sit-Lie Law Not Needed. Arthur Evans is intentionally misleading - May 1, 2010
- The Geography of Incivility - April 30, 2010
- In a post above Arthur Evans - April 30, 2010