Keep your swimsuit handy at La Selva Beach, in case a beach cop drives by the sand dunes to try to scare you and your naturist pals away. A few naked sunbathers show up here on a periodic basis. "It's duney, but also so wide open in places that rangers can drive up and down and harass people," a regular says. What little nudity occurs usually happens on weekdays or when there aren't many other people present. Use discretion.
Just south of Rio del Mar, look for La Selva. Drive to Manresa State Beach (see next entry), then walk north along the sand.
Various dunes before and after homes overlooking the ocean.
Use with discretion; this is mostly a family beach.
Riptides; undertow; cold water; increased law enforcement; proximity of homes.
Select an Area:
Most Commented On
- Cyber Attack - March 27, 2010
- Try this at home! - March 27, 2010
- Follow-Up Note to Ben Rosenfeld - March 27, 2010
- Response to Sam - March 27, 2010
- Intereresting letter - March 27, 2010
- A message to all the oponents of health care - March 27, 2010
- USHealth care vs Right wing lunatics - March 27, 2010
- The same anonymous "testimonials" - March 27, 2010
- Letters from 2005... - March 26, 2010
- If only someone cared... - March 26, 2010