Remember when we told you about Flaming Lips frontman Wayne Coyne's East Coast-only "Record Store tour," during which he was selling a signed, limited-edition, 12-inch, 20th anniversary reissue of the band's deliciously scruffy debut EP, packaged with a life-sized, anatomically correct, "hand-crafted, custom-made chocolate skull"? And the skull also contains a special gold coin that gains the bearer entry to any Flaming Lips show in the world? Of course you do.
Well, he was lying — it's not East Coast-only. He added a few West Coast dates this week, including an appearance tomorrow [Thu/3] at 5pm, at the Mission's own Aquarius Records. Which is a pretty tiny space for a Flaming Lips(-esque) show. And pretty early in the evening to be taking hallucinogens. Oh, the sacrifices we make for rock 'n' roll.
Here's a good one off that 1984 EP to get you warmed up.
Most Commented On
- BBLHGoxhAZgDsY - August 2, 2014
- Survival mode - August 2, 2014
- uqgHSzCkEweizTdO - August 2, 2014
- a great man - August 2, 2014
- yhyajdjNxnvBmVikAeAB - August 2, 2014
- agdntYnqdwtC - August 1, 2014
- UPDATE: Union organizer shouts down protesters as they block - August 1, 2014
- ePyvWGYTisCphVIAHoWR - August 1, 2014
- cqZqWCaGgDz - August 1, 2014
- nzIaMFiTwGoS - August 1, 2014