Dearest clock-watchers! If you hadn't noticed, it's almost the weekend. In the event that your excitement is currently tempered with social anxiety about which pop culture topics to discuss over happy hour beverages — a very sad and all-too-common affliction — here are a few gems from the music world that the Internet bestowed upon us this week.
-- The 5th annual Burger Boogaloo, one of the spunkiest (and most affordable!) festivals in the Bay Area's grand feast of summer festival offerings, announced its lineup yesterday, and it's a good one. What says "summer" more than the legendary Ronnie Spector crooning "Be My Baby" as hipsters play drunken kickball around you in Mosswood Park?
-- Oakland noir-pop rockers DRMS released this epically and mysteriously engaging 17-and-a-half-minute film set to some of the most experimental music we've heard from them yet. They're at the Rickshaw Stop tomorrow night [Sat/22], if you wanna get good and dreamy.
-- The city of Abderdeen, Wash., home of one Kurt Cobain, celebrated its first annual "Kurt Cobain Day" yesterday, Feb. 20, on what would have been the rocker's 47th birthday. With what, you ask? Why, a giant, weird, crying, Jesus-like Kurt Cobain statue, of course. Because that definitely seems like something he would have wanted.
Go forth, my friends. Stay hydrated.
Most Commented On
- A global tax on wealth - April 23, 2014
- Thank to Dr. Brown for helping me get my Love - April 23, 2014
- A GREAT SPELL CASTER THAT HELP ME - April 23, 2014
- what are state lawmakers up to now? - April 23, 2014
- My name is CLIFFORD MARY from - April 23, 2014
- Hello Every one out here!! - April 23, 2014
- This is trolling - April 23, 2014
- Great products since typical. - April 23, 2014
- Appreciate it pertaining to - April 23, 2014
- Are you able to strong - April 23, 2014