OK, NanosauR, a.k.a. Michael Solorzano, (thanks for the tip) I did download it and it’s nutso mixtape perfection. So, yes, I liked what I heard.
There’s the drowsy, molasses-slow chillwave remix of Backstreet Boys’ “Show Me the Meaning,” followed by a cartoonish, helium-sucking version of Daniel Johnston’s “Devil Town,” and an inspired take on Charles Manson’s “Look at Your Game, Girl.” The high-powered dance mix of INXS’ “Need You Tonight,” is a good Friday night jam (get ready, tomorrow), as with the original, but here it gets all twisted, and thankfully, weirder.
The influences and mixes are all over the map, which makes it such a fun listen – with NanosauR additionally dipping intro tracks by Chelsea Wolfe, Three Six Mafia, Joanna Newsom, Wu Tang Clan, New Edition, and the Bay Area’s own Exray’s and Antwon.
NanosauR’s next SF shows are April 13 at F8, 1192 Folsom, with Sasha Go Hard, Brooke Candy, and Sick Sad World (Trill Team 6), followed by April 16 at Café Du Nord, DJing for Kitty Pryde.
He’ll then go on tour to DJ for Kitty Pryde with Danny Brown on the “Old and Reckless” tour.
Most Commented On
- There is no legal or causal case to answer there. - December 11, 2013
- Yes, if you mean civil or criminal liability - December 11, 2013
- If these accidents are not reported then how can anyone - December 11, 2013
- But isn't he 100% correct and saying what many of us here say. - December 11, 2013
- Spam Barrier - December 11, 2013
- That was a troll bait. - December 11, 2013
- Progressives are supposed to be the good guys - December 11, 2013
- Mountain View - December 11, 2013
- Yup, not your every day - December 11, 2013
- "and real estate - December 11, 2013