UPDATE: We've just received word that this is not the official weekly relaunch -- just a one time beer bust until more changes can be completed (hopefully very soon). But all are welcome on Sunday. Scratch that -- new owners Mike and Alex have just confirmed that they've passed inspection and the Eagle will be officially open for business starting this Saturday night!
It's been a long time coming, but many months, a new roof, and several opening postponements later, we have it on great authority that that great bastion of drunken leather biker rock 'n roll whorishness, the SF Eagle, civic institution of the highest blackout magnitude, is back.
(Thank you super-hot outgoing Mr. Leather 2012 Jesse Vanciel, and congratulations to whoever is going to win Saturday evening's contest at Hotel Whitcomb after a full weekend of events.)
That great authority who clued me in? The one-and-only Ray Tilton, executive director of Mr. San Francisco Leather events (and my awesome leather dad), who says: "As Executive Director of the SF Leather Contest and associated events I can tell you for a 'fact' they will be open. Whoo Hoo!"
I'm praying on my kneepads that the wonderful Don Baird will return as DJ (open secret: he was the best DJ in the city at Sunday beer busts for years). Here's the full rundown -- will see you there!
You enjoyed the weekend now dont forget the final Victory Beer Bust!
Please join us at the SF Eagle, yes you heard that correctly, the SF Eagle to celebrate the victory and winner, Mr San Francisco Leather 2013.
Produced and hosted by Mr San Francisco Leather 2012 Jessie Vanciel.
Sunday March 3
3pm - 6pm
$10 buys you beer/soda/food
398 12th St., SF
Wish our new Mr San Francisco Leather well as he goes on to compete at International Mr Leather.
Most Commented On
- Free stuff??!?! What is - July 28, 2014
- Failed at life? I guess you - July 28, 2014
- What a sickening comment. - July 28, 2014
- Are you suggesting that MTA - July 28, 2014
- YQpRBDjDKzBrO - July 28, 2014
- You are mistaken - July 28, 2014
- I'm giving Emma credit here for learning from her last error and - July 28, 2014
- Jews who aren't smart enough to become doctors or lawyers - July 28, 2014
- Yes, it's racist to comment on someone's race. - July 28, 2014
- The notion of a "fair" wage is determined not by any one - July 28, 2014