(RED LOUNGE RECORDS)
Midnite Snaxxx are like the quintessential cool girls of high school, in an alternate garage-punk universe. Clad in tough leather jackets, singing with a Nikki and the Corvettes-cherry-topped snarl (they even played with Nikki Corvette this summer), creating rock'n'roll Ramone-esque pop hooks, and hitting the shit out of those drums — they positively explode on their debut self-titled LP in tracks like "Spend the Night," and slow things down sweet on noisy rock ballads such as "In Your Eyes."
And why shouldn't they? The budget rock trio is made up of musicians who've played previously in Trashwomen, Bobbyteens, Cyclops, and Loudmouths (and, full disclosure: Guardian staffer Dulcinea Gonzalez). The album cover already deserves a slot next to iconic covers of yore: the Who's The Who Sell Out, or, more to the style, Bowie's vibrant Aladdin Sane. The pop art illustration of a hot dog with a dripping ice cream scoop plopped in the center looks satisfying, sugary, and messy, much like the act itself. Snacktastic.
Most Commented On
- If you build it... - May 21, 2013
- Not necessarily - May 21, 2013
- Why would you expect to be eligible for a pension before you - May 21, 2013
- You either give more than you take or - May 21, 2013
- You got yours, so you don't want them to get theirs? - May 21, 2013
- Part Timers? - May 21, 2013
- All sovereign currency issuers have debt - May 21, 2013
- Yes, the 65% of SF'ers who poll as approving of Lee's - May 21, 2013
- You and Guest are two peas in a pod. - May 21, 2013
- Xorauguynacediv - May 21, 2013