Thick, wet reverb lays the sexy underwater groundwork for most Guantanamo Baywatch songs. Those surfy chords echo forever then build to dissolving fizzy chaos on the sleazy Portland, Oreg. trio's full-length Chest Crawl, which veers towards the Ventures on uppers during mostly instrumental songs like opener "Barbacoa" and the title track, or rises to unintelligible screams like Dick Dale on crank on tracks such as "Frizella" and energetic doo-wop standout "Baby Please."
There's also some Phantom Surfers and our own nasally King Lollipop/Shannon and the Clams underpinnings, but this is under such a haze it's difficult to make those direct comparisons. Despite all the racket, the record has the right timing for aliens go-go dancing on mars. Or better yet, San Franciscans surfing an urban packed bus.
Most Commented On
- Nobody was hurt? What about - April 17, 2014
- uJWkVtYPrm - April 17, 2014
- THE SPELL CASTER THAT HELP ME CURE MY HIV - April 17, 2014
- From the picture, downpour.I - April 17, 2014
- "’This guy stood up and said - April 17, 2014
- HOW I GOT BACK MY HUSBAND - April 17, 2014
- Bring your own - April 17, 2014
- gnKhxqUpXD - April 17, 2014
- And the news agencies are - April 17, 2014
- the great spell caster that saved my marriage - April 17, 2014