So maybe you’ve seen them before and maybe you haven’t. Thee Oh Sees -- performing at El Rio tonight (Wed/10) with Ty Segall, The Fresh & Onlys, and The Baths -- are no doubt a San Francisco garage-rock, lo-fi staple that demand you re-sample, swish, and spit for a full taste.
The sound is vintage rock and roll, psychedelic, and ratty. If you’re contemplating staying home on Wednesday night, find someone to give you a swift kiss in the ass and aim for El Rio. Did you really just ask why?
1. Vocalist John Dwyer’s semi-psychotic lurching and mic swallowing always entertains.
2. Hot rock chicks with sweat on their brow.
3. Similar to an ideal one-night stand: Rough. Loud. Vicious. Dirty.
4. There’s a chance Dwyer could bust out a flute.
5. You’ll have a legit excuse to skip yoga (or work) in the morning.
6. Cheap whisky and cheaper beer taste so much better mid-week.
Thee Oh Sees w/The Fresh & Onlys, Ty Segall, The Baths
Wed/10, 8pm, $7
3158 Mission Street, SF
Most Commented On
- It's nice Jane Kim is concerned about the rights of the - December 12, 2013
- Was walking down Folsom at the stop light between - December 12, 2013
- 16 million new cars were sold in the US in 2013. - December 12, 2013
- It's all about Me. Me. Me. - December 12, 2013
- His point was that many commutes are in and out of SF and - December 12, 2013
- Yeah, I stroll along the Panhandle a lot and there is a massive - December 12, 2013
- Where in all that does it show cyclists paying in more than - December 12, 2013
- Absolutely, while many (or - December 12, 2013
- I passed on judgment on fault. I merely noted that he was not an - December 12, 2013
- "As anyone who has traveled - December 12, 2013