Community Kick-off to Save City College
CCSF Mission Campus, Room 109, 1125 Valencia, SF. (415) 412-4183, firstname.lastname@example.org. 6-8pm, free. Join students, faculty and staff at City College of San Francisco in initiating a campus/community coalition to defend the acclaimed school against threat of closure. The college faces severe cuts and sanctions demanded by an accrediting agency. Become part of a united effort to keep CCSF as a key provider of quality education for all communities in the San Francisco Bay Area, and as the primary gateway for poor and working class students and students of color.
Rally Against Genetically Modified Salmon
Justin Herman Plaza, SF. Rachel@labelgmos.com, tinyurl.com/antiGMOsf. 11am, free. The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is on the brink of rubber-stamping genetically engineered salmon. Activists are attempting to turn the tide now, during the 60-day comment period before final approval. Environmentalists and those think genetically modified foods should be labeled are calling for supporters nationwide to demonstrate unity against the approval of GE Salmon. Join this march and rally to bring the issue to the front burner.
Public Meeting: Speak Out Against Tasers
Bayview Opera House, 4705 Third St., SF. 6-8pm, free. The San Francisco Police Department (SFPD) is once again holding community meetings to talk about arming San Francisco cops with Tasers. The idea has been floated in the past, but community advocates have consistently shot it down, arguing that Tasers can be lethal and are often misused by law enforcement. At this community forum convened by SFPD, an assortment of organizations including the Coalition On Homelessness and the No Tasers Taskforce will turn out against the SFPD's latest attempt to adopt these so-called nonlethal stun guns.
Most Commented On
- Cars Are For Automobiles - December 12, 2013
- Comparing some tiny country like Luxemburg to a nation that - December 12, 2013
- A criminal record can be expunged via the SFSD's "Clean Slate" - December 12, 2013
- 20 percent - December 12, 2013
- I'd like to know at what goal - December 12, 2013
- Cycling is popular with tech workers as they are typically - December 12, 2013
- FOLLOW-UP - December 12, 2013
- Tech businesses probably have a higher proportion of - December 12, 2013
- You pay now! - December 12, 2013
- homeless scum - December 12, 2013