I emailed my relatively reliable Nebraska source to get an inside line on the big Nebraska vs. Georgia Capital One bowl game on New Year's Day Tuesday morning in Orlando, Florida.
"It will be tough," reported my grandson Nicholas Perez, a freshman in mechanical engineering at the University of Nebraska in Lincoln.
He's right. Nebraska ought to be in the Rose Bowl, replaying Stanford and the game they lost to Stanford in the Rose Bowl in 1941--and a game Nebraska fans never forgot.
But Nebraska got slaughtered by Wisconsin, 70-31, in its last game, the Big Ten championship game, and so had to take a consolation bowl game prize.
And the Huskers are playing a tough Georgia team, with an 11-2 record, and a 81/2 point odds advantage.
Game time is 10 a.m Tuesday on ABC (Channel 7) in San Francisco.
Meanwhile, for those hardcore Husker fans who like to congregate and cheer in a bar, Final Final will be showing the game on its premiere screen at l0 a.m. Tuesday.
Final Final is a Nebrask stronghold owned amd operated by a loyal Nebraskan, Arnie Prien of Lyons, Nebraska. The game comes with inexpensive beer and free popcorn and the Husker faithful. Final Final is situated at 2900 Baker St., San Francisco, 415-931-7800. Street parking is always a problem in this neighborhood, so try the nearby Presidio.
There is no place like Nebraska. Especially in San Francisco and Orlando. Go Big Red!
Most Commented On
- need of my husband - April 24, 2014
- Cindy only has to come in 2nd - April 24, 2014
- 22% believe it was the CIA. - April 24, 2014
- attention: guest(whitemale) @ #2 - April 24, 2014
- Clean Power SF - April 24, 2014
- Well, there was one recent - April 24, 2014
- thank to the great Ofemo - April 24, 2014
- Good choice - April 24, 2014
- He is a real spell caster he breg back my lover - April 24, 2014
- MY HUSBAND DIVORCE ME BUT: firstname.lastname@example.org BROUGTH HIM BACK - April 24, 2014