I emailed my relatively reliable Nebraska source to get an inside line on the big Nebraska vs. Georgia Capital One bowl game on New Year's Day Tuesday morning in Orlando, Florida.
"It will be tough," reported my grandson Nicholas Perez, a freshman in mechanical engineering at the University of Nebraska in Lincoln.
He's right. Nebraska ought to be in the Rose Bowl, replaying Stanford and the game they lost to Stanford in the Rose Bowl in 1941--and a game Nebraska fans never forgot.
But Nebraska got slaughtered by Wisconsin, 70-31, in its last game, the Big Ten championship game, and so had to take a consolation bowl game prize.
And the Huskers are playing a tough Georgia team, with an 11-2 record, and a 81/2 point odds advantage.
Game time is 10 a.m Tuesday on ABC (Channel 7) in San Francisco.
Meanwhile, for those hardcore Husker fans who like to congregate and cheer in a bar, Final Final will be showing the game on its premiere screen at l0 a.m. Tuesday.
Final Final is a Nebrask stronghold owned amd operated by a loyal Nebraskan, Arnie Prien of Lyons, Nebraska. The game comes with inexpensive beer and free popcorn and the Husker faithful. Final Final is situated at 2900 Baker St., San Francisco, 415-931-7800. Street parking is always a problem in this neighborhood, so try the nearby Presidio.
There is no place like Nebraska. Especially in San Francisco and Orlando. Go Big Red!
Most Commented On
- Useful data. I'm really very - May 20, 2013
- Ultimately it's good for patients - May 20, 2013
- The post is written in very a good manner and it entails man - May 20, 2013
- You're the one who's anti-Chinese - May 20, 2013
- On average these places will probably change hands - May 20, 2013
- You capitalists love to say that wealth isn't a zero sum game - May 20, 2013
- AFSCME cares about patients so much - May 20, 2013
- I wasn't aware that Ed Lee was the mayor of the Bay Area - May 20, 2013
- Least of all, you - May 20, 2013
- New Rules... - May 20, 2013