Supervisors John Avalos, David Campos, Jane Kim, and Christina Olague earned profiles of courage for their votes to reinstate suspended Sheriff Ross Mirkarimi up against enormous pressure for a political assassination, accelerated by Mayor Lee’s demand for a pre-election vote.
And the other seven supervisors, well, they helped answer the question, who’s afraid of Willie Brown? Who’s afraid of Rose Pak?
Note to Mirkarimi: It’s time to repair the damage and get back to work implementing the ambitious program of rehabilitation outlined in your splendid inaugural address as Sheriff.
Unsolicited advice to mayor Ed Lee: Stop taking bad advice.
See my “Profiles of courage” blog for the context of this crucial vote.
Most Commented On
- Well, they are called different things. - May 21, 2013
- Nope, I've seen his retirement plan statements. - May 21, 2013
- No Greg, Dan owned you there. - May 21, 2013
- I also eat and shit - May 21, 2013
- Yes, Muni is cheaper if you don't pay your fare. - May 21, 2013
- WTF, BART was designed to bring commuters into downtown SF. - May 21, 2013
- Muni is supposed to be a business, not welfare. - May 21, 2013
- Except that, unlike you, Tim knows he has lost the battle. - May 21, 2013
- Why isn't T-Bond interest taxable? - May 21, 2013
- Whatever, but Apple did nothing illegal. - May 21, 2013