Calvin Trillin: Deadine poet: Calling in the Humanizer Man
Analysts say that Romney campaign strategists face the challenge of humanizing their candidate.
They'd like it if this man the folks are seeing
Resembled more an actual human being.
For that he'd need some warmth and schmaltz and soul;
Then he'd appear less plastic and more whole.
So in their dreams of triumph they aspire
To show that their guy bleeds and may perspire.
This can be done at once, without delay:
Tne Humanizer Man is on his way.
Yes, any candidate with boardlike stiffness
Can be adjusted with surprising swiftness.
Tbe Humanizer Man's done this before.
Though he fell short of loosening Al Gore,
He's had a host of triumphs in his day.
So if Mitt's men believe, to their dismay,
Their man's as human as a Charolais.
No need to cry, "Caramba!" or "Oy vey!"
For everything is going to be OK.
To give him hope you only have to say,
"The Humanizer Man is on his way."
Calvin Trillin: Deadline Poet (the Nation, (9/24/2012)
Most Commented On
- WRONG SOLUTION - December 12, 2013
- I've lived here for 25 years, - December 12, 2013
- The homeless problems in San Francisco - December 12, 2013
- Aaaaaamen. There is no one - December 12, 2013
- But is what he said wrong?? - December 12, 2013
- Yeah, SFBG prefers bad publicity to no publicity - December 12, 2013
- Randall is bluffing, of course. - December 12, 2013
- Is the progressive issue here that - December 12, 2013
- "Guest" sounds more real than - December 12, 2013
- This post seems ludicrous. - December 12, 2013