He's running on all of his triumphs at Bain,
But some say the Democrats refrain
From saying Bain's gain was at times inhumane
(Because of its strategy aiming to drain
A company's treasure, no matter what pain
Is caused to the workers whom it won't retain).
Yes, Bain did some good, its defenders explain:
Some pension funds shared in its capital gain.
So vulture's a label for Mitt they disdain--
Though buzzard's OK, and is just as germane.
Calvin Trillin, Deadline Poet, The Nation June 18, 2012
Most Commented On
- We don't want to be recruited into any movement that a dick - December 5, 2013
- Srill awaiting ANSWERS and VIDEOS from Police Dept and Chief - December 5, 2013
- Financial support is way different - December 5, 2013
- By not allowing for 150 years of inflation, you made a basic - December 5, 2013
- Since cyclists often do not obey white lines anyway, why do - December 5, 2013
- It was a metaphor. - December 5, 2013
- The fact that you think his bad-tempered rant is "reasonable" - December 5, 2013
- Homeowners add stability to any neighborhood. - December 5, 2013
- I see cyclists in their garish spandex all the time. - December 5, 2013
- GPD, I just used your own data to refute your statement. - December 5, 2013