Impertinent question: Will Mayor Lee take on the Bank of America for unethical behavior?
Mayor Ed Lee moved with lightning speed to suspend Sheriff Ross Mirkarimi without pay on misconduct charges and unethical behavior in a spousal abuse case and continue the costly, distracting, divisive media and City Hall circus.
Meanwhile, the Bank of America, an institution called "Too Crooked to Fail" by Rolling Stone, is responsible for 10 per cent of all foreclosures in San Francisco and the city keeps its lucrative multi-million dollar short term investment portfolio in the B of A. Matt Taibbi, the Rolling Stone investigative reporter on the story, said in a lengthy interview on the Democracy Now radio program Thursday morning that bailouts and fraud are the secrets to the B of A success. The B of A, he said, has defrauded "everyone from investors and insurers to homeowners and the unemployed." He said "most people think of the mortgage crisis as some airy abstraction--you know, bankers ripping off bankers. That's not what it is. It's bankers stealing from old ladies and retirees."
Impertinent question: So will Lee apply his new found standard of ethics to the Bank of America? See the Democracy Now clip on the Taibbi interview for specifics on B of A behavior:
Most Commented On
- oojppcpg - April 23, 2014
- Dr Lumba Brought Back My Lover - April 23, 2014
- It's true - SFBG prefer purity and achieving nothing to - April 23, 2014
- Still goes to poor political judgement and instincts - April 23, 2014
- Only two of the eleven Supes are hardline lefties - April 23, 2014
- With due respect all thank - April 23, 2014
- A GREAT MAN THAT HELP ME - April 23, 2014
- HOW MY EX CAME BACK TO ME - April 23, 2014
- Where was the "hippie" in her - April 22, 2014
- This has to be one of the dumbest comments I've heard today - April 22, 2014