It's "pious baloney." Yes, pious baloney.
What Mitt speaks, Newt says, is remarkably phony:
His citizen pose is all hooey;
He's hungered for office like Thomas E. Dewey.
And what he was doing those years spent at Bain
Was not create jobs but cause working stiffs pain.
While Newt covers Mitt's smooth exterior with blotches,
Obama's campaign staff just carefully watches.
Calvin Trillin: Deadline poet (The Nation 1/30/2012)
Most Commented On
- Nonsense, the mayor has far more power than any Supe. - July 29, 2014
- So if Debra Walker ran again for D6 against Kim, you predict - July 29, 2014
- So wait, Steven, you think that Kim should advocate for the - July 29, 2014
- Uber’s secret, “proprietary” insurance policy leaked - July 29, 2014
- Tradeoffs - July 29, 2014
- Small Business Awards 2013: La Victoria Bakery - July 29, 2014
- Branches of government - July 29, 2014
- Jane is smart - July 29, 2014
- Daly caved all the time. - July 29, 2014
- Well, it clearly doesn't work - July 29, 2014