It's "pious baloney." Yes, pious baloney.
What Mitt speaks, Newt says, is remarkably phony:
His citizen pose is all hooey;
He's hungered for office like Thomas E. Dewey.
And what he was doing those years spent at Bain
Was not create jobs but cause working stiffs pain.
While Newt covers Mitt's smooth exterior with blotches,
Obama's campaign staff just carefully watches.
Calvin Trillin: Deadline poet (The Nation 1/30/2012)
Most Commented On
- Likewise, when cyclists ride on the sidewalk or fail to stop at - March 7, 2014
- Anyone associated with Occupy is unelectable - March 7, 2014
- total validation - March 7, 2014
- Every single boondoggled public works project, like the Bay - March 7, 2014
- If he is less than 100% behind cops and business, then he will - March 7, 2014
- When will people call an end - March 7, 2014
- Walk SF basically says that - March 7, 2014
- SNCF - the French national railway operator - March 7, 2014
- Pro Oakland - March 7, 2014
- Skake it Up - March 7, 2014