With a link to the video of Keith Olberaman's scathing commentary on Current TV on Bloomberg's raid on Occupy New York
I have been watching Keith Olberman for years, as a tv sports reporter, the MSNBC star who opened up broadcast journalism to a bit of liberal advocacy, and now to his excellent television show at Current TV (channel 107 in San Francisco) carrying on the Olberman tradition. On Tuesday night (12/27/11), he rousted New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg from his office with a scathing indictment of his use of pepper-spraying, truncheon-swinging police against unarmed Occupy protesters in a cowardly early morning raid in lower Manhattan.
It was one of his best commentaries, the sort of thing Edward R. Murrow would have enjoyed. Since the media either dismissed or misreported this important raid and the important next day legal jockeying between the mayor and the protesters/ National Lawyers Guild over a temporary restraining order, Olberman's commentary was all the more valuable.
Listen to Olberman's complete commentary with this link. And tune in Olberman regularly to get the best continuing Occupy coverage and some of the best invective on television.
Most Commented On
- Ludicrous. Rewritten for - December 5, 2013
- I'd guess most SF'ers haven't heard of the Marsh - December 5, 2013
- OK - calm down - December 5, 2013
- You sound very intolerant. Why the hate? - December 5, 2013
- We aren't asking you to feel sorry for landlords, Yo. - December 5, 2013
- He is only here for an hour a day? - December 5, 2013
- No, just crazy whack jobs. - December 5, 2013
- At that link (19 Signs You - December 5, 2013
- Why don't you tell us what - December 5, 2013
- So its pretty much - December 5, 2013