67 delicious (and cheap!) pleasures of summer -- for under $10
The burger at this new Divis hotspot lives up to its name, with a housemade sesame-scallion bun, dry-aged meat, secret sauce, Gruyere, red onion, and lettuce. You can add housemade bacon for $1.25, or an egg for $2. And hey! Why not pick up another perfect summer treat: A side of frankaroni, basically fried mac and cheese with hot dog inside, is five dollars.
4505 Burgers & BBQ, 705 Divisadero, SF. www.4505meats.com
YUZU CHICKEN WINGS, $9.50
These are some mighty juicy chicken wings, with a flaky exterior (they're fried in potato starch); get them for $6 during happy hour (Monday through Friday from 5:30pm–6:30pm).
ICHI Sushi + NI Bar, 3282 Mission, www.ichisuchi.com
EL DORADO TACO, $3.75
These off-menu tacos at La Taqueria are like the precursor to the chalupa. A crispy taco is folded within a soft one, and melted cheese holds the two together. Magic. You have to get the carnitas, of course (it also comes with beans). And it's worth ponying up for some guacamole on top.
La Taqueria, 2889 Mission, SF. (415) 285-7117
Most Commented On
- Live Review: My Bloody Valentine’s SF show feels like - July 31, 2014
- Guest is on the money - July 31, 2014
- tcTYGeyRdjlOsJzZJFnl - July 31, 2014
- Natural Areas and Playgrounds in SF - July 31, 2014
- Natural - July 31, 2014
- Do "nice young men" overdo gang signs? - July 31, 2014
- Paul, it's touching that you see Emma as weak and needing to be - July 31, 2014
- Wow guys - July 31, 2014
- I've been working for 25 years and I've never seen an - July 31, 2014
- IEFEMWGNLLl - July 31, 2014