Trannyshack changes its name -- and the Internet explodes. Plus: Animal Collective, Glamamore, Maxxi Soundsystem, Last Nite, more parties.
Nostalgia for the '90s is for old people. The great Last Nite parties have already upped the party ante by retro-izing 2000s indie, now they're going for 2000s hip-hop. Strap on your Neptunes and get ready to ghost ride that whip.
Fri/30, 9pm, $5 before 11pm, $10 after. Slate, 2925 16th St., SF. www.facebook.com/lastnite00s
The prolific Iranian American's career is a master class in how to achieve popular success while remaining true to your underground roots (a lesson that bears a lot of repeating lately). Slightly trance-y techno that often drops into deep house bliss is on the menu.
Fri/30, 9:30pm, $25. Audio, 316 11th St., SF. www.audiosf.com
One of our most revered drag queens is insane. Or is she? (She is.) Join her and the wildest crew of SF characters you've seen since last week, as she turns the Powerhouse into her personal playpen. Her fellow nuts will be falling out all over the place. With DJs John F*cking Cartwright and Hoku Mama Swamp
Sat/31, 9pm, $5. Powerhouse, 1347 Folsom, SF. www.powerhousebar.com
The flamboyant UK producer makes lovely, too-catchy tech house hits that occasionally morph into soul-stirring dance floor anthems. At the Lights Down Low party with Sleazemore, Split, and Shiny Objects.
Sat/31, 10pm-3am, $10–$20. Monarch, 101 Sixth St., SF. www.monarchsf.com
Most Commented On
- KDiBURdoDkhFqTUPtd - July 29, 2014
- Live Review: My Bloody Valentine’s SF show feels like - July 29, 2014
- Ed Lee's Twitter Tax Break - July 29, 2014
- They find the experience - July 29, 2014
- Yes. If you are with the - July 29, 2014
- Alix Rosenthal is looking to move up - July 29, 2014
- Barbie gets a makeover, San Francisco-style - July 29, 2014
- It's still a tiny amount of space and not worth - July 29, 2014
- The point is that if you divert funds to your favorite pork - July 29, 2014
- The terms liberal and conservative are not useful here. - July 29, 2014