TABLEHOPPING The firehose of new openings continues, and we have some good-looking spots for you to check out, stat.
Ten-hut! In the Presidio, there's a new restaurant called The Commissary (101 Montgomery St., on the Main Post of the Presidio, SF. www.thecommissarysf.com) from the Presidio Trust, Traci Des Jardins, and Bon Appétit Management Company. The 112-seat space is offering a Cal-Spanish menu (under culinary director Robbie Lewis and chef Reylon Agustin) — bring on the sardines, cured tuna with radishes and fennel pollen, salt cod fritters, and fennel and baby artichoke paella. Cocktails, check. It's a handsome space, simple and American (it's in a former mess hall that dates back to 1895) and the shaded front porch is where you'll want to be on a warm day; open now for lunch and dinner, with light breakfast and coffee coming June 2, and Sunday brunch June 8. At ease.
Marcia Gagliardi is the founder of the weekly tablehopper e-column; subscribe for more at www.tablehopper.com. Get her app: Tablehopper's Top Late-Night Eats. On Twitter: @tablehopper.
Most Commented On
- Women in tech - July 24, 2014
- Doing the work of the Koch brothers - July 24, 2014
- the SFBG is way too hypocritical to answer - July 24, 2014
- Kudos - July 24, 2014
- Well I bet the trolls are all bitter blacks - July 24, 2014
- There is no "subsidy." Stop spewing nonsense - July 24, 2014
- 50 bucks says - July 24, 2014
- SFBG has always been a white newspaper. - July 24, 2014
- Homeless People Infesting the Main Library - July 24, 2014
- So what are "progressives" doing to fix public education? - July 24, 2014