TABLEHOPPING The firehose of new openings continues, and we have some good-looking spots for you to check out, stat.
Ten-hut! In the Presidio, there's a new restaurant called The Commissary (101 Montgomery St., on the Main Post of the Presidio, SF. www.thecommissarysf.com) from the Presidio Trust, Traci Des Jardins, and Bon Appétit Management Company. The 112-seat space is offering a Cal-Spanish menu (under culinary director Robbie Lewis and chef Reylon Agustin) — bring on the sardines, cured tuna with radishes and fennel pollen, salt cod fritters, and fennel and baby artichoke paella. Cocktails, check. It's a handsome space, simple and American (it's in a former mess hall that dates back to 1895) and the shaded front porch is where you'll want to be on a warm day; open now for lunch and dinner, with light breakfast and coffee coming June 2, and Sunday brunch June 8. At ease.
Marcia Gagliardi is the founder of the weekly tablehopper e-column; subscribe for more at www.tablehopper.com. Get her app: Tablehopper's Top Late-Night Eats. On Twitter: @tablehopper.
Most Commented On
- How the great Dr Oduma helped me phone +2347055413648 - July 31, 2014
- fSVVJyMpXcxnjuQ - July 31, 2014
- Yes, there is of course no harm done by such informal sharing. - July 31, 2014
- He prefers a clockwise rotation while being wiped - July 31, 2014
- It's to do with accounting but is not a contrivance. - July 31, 2014
- kignJDdJQrT - July 31, 2014
- Not at all - July 31, 2014
- KGoGZXqHczUKxGOEKSn - July 31, 2014
- kVMrgCywsZvkvyY - July 31, 2014
- Should we also crack down on Craigslist & Others outside Airbnb - July 31, 2014