Stylish clothier was the Readers' Choice in the Guardian Small Business Awards
Over the last few weeks, we've solicited input from visitors to SFBG.com about their favorite small businesses in San Francisco, and by far the leading vote-getter was Asmbly Man, a clothing boutique in the Fillmore District that was opened in 2011 by the husband and wife team of Ron and Tricia Benitez, who are veterans in the apparel industry.
We gave them our Best Fresh Prep award in our 2012 Best of the Bay issue, so rather than just hearing us again sang the praises of this cool spot to get some stylish duds from the best local designers, here are some of the reader comments that we received:
"They have the best selection of clothes, friendliest owners ever, and a great curation of local art."
"I love the lines they carry and appreciate all the local brands support. The owners are very nice and welcoming to the customers and community."
"I love the owners and their merchandise. They are extremely friendly with their customers. They are also supporters of local designers. The vibe is nothing but laid back with the cool ambiance and music."
And finally, a word from Tricia Benitez: "We really appreciate this honor and we love SF Bay Guardian for the support!"
We love you too, and all of the small businesses that help make San Francisco such a special place.
1850 Fillmore St, SF (415) 567-5953 www.asmblyhall.com
Most Commented On
- Student protesters file claim against City College and SF - July 30, 2014
- SFGH does NOT care about Patient Care just Risk Management - July 30, 2014
- DPW gets a nice chunk of - July 30, 2014
- sounds shady IBWA - July 30, 2014
- Corporate Welfare - July 30, 2014
- personalized gifts for him - July 30, 2014
- My stars! - July 30, 2014
- SFMTA and DPT - July 30, 2014
- I want to see housing - July 30, 2014
- SF is more than handling its - July 30, 2014