San Francisco's wunderkind "Trumpet Kid" on the musical education he's gained from playing in the city streets
SFBG Amen. Are you tight with other street musicians downtown? Are there turf wars?
GA No, we all have a lot of respect for each other. It's whoever gets there first. But if someone ever really wanted me to move, that wouldn't be [a big deal].
SFBG How much do you make on a given day?
GA It really depends. Anywhere from a penny to $100. It's all going to help fund my career: paying for costumes, music videos, etc.
SFBG Any big projects coming up?
GA Well, I'm excited that I just signed with Journey's manager. And I'm going to be playing the 2015 Super Bowl halftime show in Arizona. And I met someone who wants to make a movie about me, called "Swaggy." (I'm Swaggy.) So yeah, it should be a fun year.
Most Commented On
- Twitter tax break beneficiary Zendesk launches app to help the - August 1, 2014
- bLpotpWduanco - July 31, 2014
- uIujCbThgYuXYJg - July 31, 2014
- SHrjrSIVcgK - July 31, 2014
- Yawn. Just more navel gazing - July 31, 2014
- Spotlight shone on gentrification in West Oakland and SF - July 31, 2014
- Twitter tax break beneficiary Zendesk launches app to help the - July 31, 2014
- A great way to send a message - July 31, 2014
- Barbie gets a makeover, San Francisco-style - July 31, 2014
- VLF never would have passed. - July 31, 2014