Rye Rye plays the "After Party," a debut from WOOF, plus Al Lover, Lightning Dust, and more
Sun/4, 4:30pm, $15. DNA, 375 11th St, SF. www.dnalounge.com.
LIGHTNING DUST, LOUISE BURNS, SPELLS
There seems to be an uptick in occult fascination lately, or am I just now really paying attention? This whole lineup — a free show through Wood Shoppe — has the witchy vibe, with Vancouver's Lightning Dust and Louise Burns, and SF's own Spells. Lightning Dust's Amber Webber (of Black Mountain) and Josh Wells began as a whispery folk duo in 2007. However, their spooky third LP, June's Fantasy (Jagjaguwar), is said to be inspired more by "skeletal synth pop, modern R&B beats, the films of John Carpenter and...absolute minimalism." Louise Burns has that chilled '80s darkwave thing down. And Spells, the newest project from songwriter Jennifer Marie, incorporates synth and vintage organs into eerie, lovely nightmarescapes (check locally appropriate "Fog").
Tue/6, 8pm, free. Brick and Mortar Music Hall, 1710 Mission, SF. www.brickandmortarmusic.com.
Most Commented On
- Just you wait...when these - December 10, 2013
- the Marsh - December 10, 2013
- You have got to be joking - December 10, 2013
- What about the employees? Are we have more jobs. - December 10, 2013
- Flapper Costumes - December 10, 2013
- Homeless Art - December 10, 2013
- Vintage Dresses - December 10, 2013
- Corsets China Manufacturers - December 10, 2013
- On which page of your Guide - December 10, 2013
- If your skin is too thin - December 10, 2013