SF Sketchfest's yearly gamut of comedy formats includes a remounting of 1998's off-off-color hit, 'SEX a.k.a. Wieners and Boobs'
"I have no idea how it's going to play after so many years," admits Lo Truglio. "It's very vignettey, which is a new word I'm coining. Looking back now, I think we would have cut out a lot of it. But it's only about 55 pages anyway."
A glance at the script suggests there's still gold in them there pages, and anyway it's hard to imagine the play's triumvirate disappointing an audience reared on the State and all the subsequent work it has spawned. For his part, Lo Truglio looks forward to returning to a festival he recalls fondly and sees as essential.
"It's fantastic that Janet Varney and the rest of those guys have created an annual event where really the best people in comedy go to perform," he enthuses. "I think it's important. It's very similar to the way I feel about Marc Maron's podcast, which I think is a terrific, really important record of some amazingly talented comics and actors. At Sketchfest there are so many people who are interested in comedy, different types of comedy, that it creates a terrific environment for it to thrive."
SEX A.K.A. WIENERS AND BOOBS
Feb. 8, 8pm, $30
Marines Memorial Theatre
609 Sutter, SF
Most Commented On
- A radical proposal: Squat Airbnb hosts' homes to create - April 19, 2014
- drabiza helped me - April 19, 2014
- tqofVkihgbk - April 19, 2014
- Wiener’s resolution to study waterfront initiative written by - April 19, 2014
- A GREAT SPELL CASTER THAT HELP ME WITH MY FAMILY ISSUES - April 19, 2014
- And you can't get past your - April 19, 2014
- That is what the city is saying - April 19, 2014
- We as in who the hell u think - April 19, 2014
- N who r u Really?? - April 19, 2014
- What political BS who gives a - April 19, 2014