SF Sketchfest's yearly gamut of comedy formats includes a remounting of 1998's off-off-color hit, 'SEX a.k.a. Wieners and Boobs'
"I have no idea how it's going to play after so many years," admits Lo Truglio. "It's very vignettey, which is a new word I'm coining. Looking back now, I think we would have cut out a lot of it. But it's only about 55 pages anyway."
A glance at the script suggests there's still gold in them there pages, and anyway it's hard to imagine the play's triumvirate disappointing an audience reared on the State and all the subsequent work it has spawned. For his part, Lo Truglio looks forward to returning to a festival he recalls fondly and sees as essential.
"It's fantastic that Janet Varney and the rest of those guys have created an annual event where really the best people in comedy go to perform," he enthuses. "I think it's important. It's very similar to the way I feel about Marc Maron's podcast, which I think is a terrific, really important record of some amazingly talented comics and actors. At Sketchfest there are so many people who are interested in comedy, different types of comedy, that it creates a terrific environment for it to thrive."
SEX A.K.A. WIENERS AND BOOBS
Feb. 8, 8pm, $30
Marines Memorial Theatre
609 Sutter, SF
Most Commented On
- buy high pagerank backlinks - April 24, 2014
- security officers blog - April 24, 2014
- Thanks to Dr.Igbodo who solve my love problem - April 24, 2014
- Lets of under 30 days are not covered by rent control even if - April 24, 2014
- That would be a logical and consistent approach else the city - April 24, 2014
- So, Steven, you tried to get him to discredit capitalism - April 24, 2014
- Many nations thrive on the simple ability of allowing the rich - April 24, 2014
- how i get my wife back - April 24, 2014
- nice! - April 24, 2014
- thanks to one Dr Bacasim a spell caster - April 24, 2014