A vaunted New Age event creates ugly recriminations
Dozens of people told us that things would have been even worse if people on the ground didn't take the initiative, noting that DiMartino even refused to come to the campground for five hours while police blocked access to weary attendees until after 2am, an incident he minimized to us, calling it a miscommunication and insisting "I had a personal arrangement with the property owner."
Giusti said she and other staffers are moving rapidly toward resolution of all the problems surrounding Synthesis, from refunds to attendees (many of whom paid $499 each for a "full experience pass") to compensation for staff, both financial and spiritual.
"Michael does need to come forward and apologize to people," Giusti told us, noting that she is planning a healing ritual to bring closure to this whole saga. "He will sit in the center of a circle and hear what everyone went through."
Most Commented On
- Bill would tax companies with wide CEO-worker pay disparities - July 31, 2014
- sgyMlTICwBXusOZI - July 31, 2014
- Hello, i am glad to read the - July 31, 2014
- Russia's Olympic moment: Let's really gay this f*cker up - July 30, 2014
- Government smackdown - July 30, 2014
- AqzRCSYUftu - July 30, 2014
- Tale of two parties: Was the 8 Washington defeat a referendum - July 30, 2014
- Barbie gets a makeover, San Francisco-style - July 30, 2014
- Sweet, psyched-out, and dirty - July 30, 2014
- Call to action issued at San Francisco vigil for Trayvon Martin - July 30, 2014