Nightlife: Slam, RJD2, Steve Bug, Salva, Some Thing, more heavenly parties
THREE SOME THING
The party list this week is so full of dudes. We need some drag queens up in here, for sers. Happy third birthday to the weekly Some Thing party, put on by my favorite trio of theatrical gender clowns — Glamamore, VivvyAnne ForeverMore, and DJ Down-E — who really know how to put on shoooow. One of the best things in the city is Haute Gloo's genius interactive craft table. I made a swan out of porn mags and pancake batter! DJs Stanley Frank and Robin Simmons play delightful tunes from all over.
Fri/11, 10pm-late, $8. The Stud, 399 Ninth St., SF. www.tinyurl.com/something3
BRENMAR AND SALVA
Two diabolical bass-bounce kids, bringing it down at the youthful, Angelfiery, green-screen-dream Y3K party. With Nanosaur, Joaquin Bartra, candy, bubbles, and lasers.
Fri/11, 10pm, $10 advance. DNA Lounge, 375 11th St., SF. www.dnalounge.com
BRUTAL SOUNDS EFFECTS FESTIVAL #72
Really looking forward to some earhole mindfuckery from various experimental electronic crews at the bleeding edge Lab space. With Antimatter, Pulsating Cyst, Ebony Cubbyhole, Beast Nest, Moo Kao, Ribspace, and more. I made none of the above names up.
Most Commented On
- It is not the government's responsibility - March 10, 2014
- Commercial & Personal Insurance are Different - March 10, 2014
- Follow up To 'One Size Won't Fit All' - March 10, 2014
- Can't Fix Homelessness With One Size Fits All - March 10, 2014
- Wrong. Americans never got to vote on George the Third. - March 10, 2014
- soleILhTPkjB - March 10, 2014
- All drivers have to have liability cover regardless - March 10, 2014
- The government should pay the cost of the laws it imposes on - March 10, 2014
- The United Kingdom was no - March 10, 2014
- ADA requires coverage for disabled people - March 10, 2014