"Meteorillogically, I had never seen anything like it."
OK, maybe one food-related thing, since we have space. Voodoo Doughnuts in Portland. There's one on either side of the Williamette River, but the "Too" in Buckman has shorter lines. We got a maple bacon doughnut. I liked it quite finely, but Chicken Farmer claims there are better ones right here.
I would tell you where, but she never took me so I can't remember the name. Anyway, the Portland version was a couple of long strips of cold, well-done bacon lounging atop a hole-less, maple icing-blanketed log of fried dough. And the mystical SF version is circular and holed and apparently the bacon is crumbled and softer, so as to release more of its salty, meaty goodness into the sweet maple layer.
Either way: yum.
Most Commented On
- That'll be the only valid point he makes for a while, so he - May 25, 2013
- you're making all this - May 25, 2013
- Attacking a United States - May 25, 2013
- Demented and terribly confused. - May 25, 2013
- We just call it 101. No - May 25, 2013
- Oooorrrrr..... It was a pair - May 25, 2013
- Johnny's providing the - May 25, 2013
- ""This was not the case in my - May 25, 2013
- Johnny: Jack of all trades! - May 25, 2013
- Johnny's a great Internet - May 25, 2013