The awful truth - Page 2

'The Central Park Five' examines a shocking crime — and its troubling outcome

One of the central Park Five defendants, in archival footage from the documentary

None of the NYC police or prosecutors involved in the case are interviewed in The Central Park Five. Two reasons: an ongoing civil rights lawsuit filed by the wrongfully convicted men (which now involves the filmmakers — in September, they were subpoenaed for footage of the accused discussing their confessions); and really, who wants to go on record admitting that they failed, and ruined multiple lives as a result? Unlike the WM3, the Central Park Five's "innocence never got the attention that their guilt did," historian Craig Steven Wilder points out. Academy Award nomination or not, The Central Park Five may help change that.

Like the injustice doc, another late 2012 trend is the presidential biopic. Weeks after the release of Lincoln, Hyde Park on Hudson arrives with a lighthearted (-ish) take on Franklin D. Roosevelt's 1939 meeting with King George VI (of stuttering fame) and Queen Elizabeth at FDR's rural New York estate. Casting Bill Murray as FDR is Hyde Park's main attraction, though Olivia Williams makes for a surprisingly effective Eleanor.

But the thrust of the film concerns FDR's relationship with his cousin, Daisy — played by Laura Linney, who's relegated to a series of dowdy outfits, pouting reaction shots, and far too many voice-overs. The affair has zero heat, and the film is disappointingly shallow — how many times can one be urged to giggle at someone saying "Hot dogs!" in an English accent? — not to mention a waste of a perfectly fine Bill Murray performance. As that sideburned Democrat bellows in Lincoln, "Howwww dare you!" *

THE CENTRAL PARK 5 opens Fri/14 in the Bay Area; HYDE PARK ON HUDSON opens Fri/14 in San Francisco.

Comments

they were innocent.

Almost every guilty guy claims they are innocent. Where's the news there?4

Maybe if they had kept their mouths shut, they'd have gotten a walk. But since it seems fairly clear that they did it, and were in any event bad 'uns, I'm not sure a lot of sleep will be lost.

And too bad no sympathy is expressed for the real victim.

Posted by Guest on Dec. 14, 2012 @ 10:02 am

These guys confessed after coercive, illegal interrogation bordering on torture. Of course, the truth doesn't jive with your rising tide, justice is blind, brown people are bad world view, so just disregard it.

I feel bad for the victim. Jailing the wrong people didn't give her justice

Posted by Eddie on Dec. 14, 2012 @ 10:15 am

I recall this incident and the trial, and everyone was convinced they were guilty, including the defendants.

Just another cheap race card player.

Posted by Guest on Dec. 14, 2012 @ 12:00 pm

But first, in addition to what Eddie said, I want to point out that DNA evidence unequivocally cleared these kids. Even at the time, the only DNA evidence found, didn't match a single one of the suspects. The prosecutors still pressed ahead with their case, coercing confessions out of innocent kids and ruining their lives. And yes, this happens a lot -innocent people routinely confess to crimes they didn't commit under these kinds of interrogations. Only after someone who was already in jail confessed to the crimes, and that person's DNA matched, were the convictions vacated. I would argue that even at the time, the prosecutors acted criminally. But in light of this evidence, only the lowest scoundrel could still maintain that they should be in jail, and still deny that this was a tremendous miscarriage of justice.

But I have wondered about the victim. How did it make her feel that 5 innocent youths had their lives destroyed on her behalf? Did she help in identifying them? What has she said after they were unequivocally cleared?

The victim was a young Wall Street investment banker named Trisha Meili. Incidentally, only one local African American paper had the courage to actually name her during the case. Already well-off at the time of the assault, she did very well after her recovery. She's written books, and has become quite wealthy making a handsome income as a motivational speaker. All of which is fine -more power to her -but very curiously, there's one subject that she's remained silent on. Not the attack -oh she talks a lot about the attack. But the other victims of the attack... the ones who *didn't* manage to make millions from their victimhood. The ones who rotted in jail for crimes they didn't commit while she jetted around on the lecture circuit.

As it turns out, Meili played no part in the prosecution, claiming no recollection of the event. Ok, so that part is fine. But what about now?

If I were her, and I was brutally attacked, and then I found out that the real perpetrator of the crime was never punished, but instead, 5 young kids, their lives ahead of them, were brutally interrogated, robbed of their youth and their freedom, jailed for 13 years, never having the chance to go to school, to have families... well I'd be heartbroken. Once it became 100% clear from DNA evidence that they didn't do it, I would become their biggest advocate. I'd speak out to have the state compensate them for their loss. Hell, if I had made as much money off the assault as her, I'd probably donate to their legal fund or their college fund or something. I'd want to help the other victims of this horrible crime, because they're still suffering.

I'd also push to have the prosecutors disbarred for incompetence, and for the police interrogators and investigators to be tried, or at least fired.

But Trisha Meili has remained silent. No, she hasn't called for the youths to remain incarcerated. No one is calling for that anymore. If she did that at this point, I think it would probably torpedo her lucrative speaking career, because considering the evidence, that would be beyond the pale. So she has simply said... nothing. In fact she has refused to talk about it when asked.

Her silence speaks volumes about her character.

Posted by Greg on Dec. 14, 2012 @ 11:33 am

there is nothing for her to say.

It's true that there may be no DNA evidence that these were the guys but then DNA was in it's infancy back then, and wasn't routine. what we do know is that these guys has method, means and motivation AND they were all at the scene doing a variety of other crimes.

I guess I feel the same way I did with the Subway killer - maybe he shouldn't have shot all 4 kids but, in ther aggregate, they had it coming to them.

Posted by Guest on Dec. 14, 2012 @ 12:07 pm

I never said there was no DNA evidence. Let me spell it out for you:
There was DNA evidence.
The DNA evidence was clear cut.
It did not match any one of these kids.
It matched someone else.
That person did later confess, and his confession was not elicited under duress.

This was a travesty of justice. A mockery of justice. There is no question on anybody's part that these young boys were wronged by the state.

Only the lowest swine would maintain that five kids, completely, unquestionably innocent of anything to do with this crime, "had it coming to them." Only a monster would continue to say that.

As for the victim of the attack... I can't say what's in her heart. I can only say how I would feel if the perpetrator of a crime against me went unpunished, while five completely innocent human beings rotted in prison. I stand by what I said. Her silence speaks volumes about her character.

Posted by Greg on Dec. 14, 2012 @ 12:51 pm

that these five were innocent. There were multiple attackers, they were all at the scene, and if they participated at all or even did nothing tos top the attack, they are culpable.

Invariably when an innocent guy gets convicted it is only because he was guilty of many other crimes. The average man in the street does not get put away for stuff he didn't do.

Your attack on the victim is unwarranted and inexcusable. She knows she was attacked by a pack of kids and cannot recall exactly which ones took part and which ones merely watched and laughed. Ask me if I care which these five were.

Posted by Guest on Dec. 14, 2012 @ 1:04 pm

You're not only ignorant of the facts, but you don't give a crap about the facts. I don't know what's worse... your racism, your ignorance, your blind faith in authority. Your whole post is a collection of dismissive lies and conjecture.

"There were multiple attackers, they were all at the scene"

False. All the evidence points to there being only one attacker. The prosecutors rounded up people who happened to be in the park, but no actual evidence tied them to being on the scene. The DNA evidence was withheld and actually excluded ANY of the defendants from participation.

"Adams's testimony was a major departure from the line the prosecution had spun. Answering Joseph's questions, the FBI expert said that while there was no DNA match with the blood samples from any of the defendants or possible suspects in the wilding, or the sample from the jogger's boyfriend, some firm conclusions could be made. True, there was no match, Adams said, but all 14 of the DNA samples could be excluded as belonging to the person or persons who penetrated the victim in Central Park that night. Answering Joseph's questions matter-of-factly, the FBI expert explained that in DNA testing, it is easier to exclude than to match. He said the weak pattern obtained from the cervix and the stronger pattern found on the sock, though not as complete as needed for a match, were nonetheless clear and strong enough to determine that they definitely did not belong to any of the 14 people whose blood was tested.

The prosecution had known all along that the tests were not "inconclusive." They knew the results proved that the semen could not have come from any of the five defendants. And yet the prosecution stayed mute."

"and if they participated at all or even did nothing tos top the attack, they are culpable."

Conjecture, and willful ignorance of the evidence.

"Invariably when an innocent guy gets convicted it is only because he was guilty of many other crimes."

Where the fuck do you get this from? Absolutely false. This is pulled entirely out of your ass.

"The average man in the street does not get put away for stuff he didn't do."

Yes. they. do. It happened here.

"Your attack on the victim is unwarranted and inexcusable. She knows she was attacked by a pack of kids and cannot recall exactly which ones took part and which ones merely watched and laughed."

Again, false. She doesn't remember jack shit, or at least claims not to have any idea who or how many people attacked her. Her "knowledge," such that it is, comes entirely from the prosecutors' reconstruction of events. I merely pointed out what her silence says about her character, in light of the evidence that has demonstrated beyond all doubt that the prosecutors' version of events was wrong.

Posted by Greg on Dec. 14, 2012 @ 1:59 pm

" Did she help in identifying them?"

Then later you say

"As it turns out, Meili played no part in the prosecution, claiming no recollection of the event. Ok, so that part is fine."

The "courage" to name the victim? Perverse thinking,

Such a strange post.

Your comical classism shows through in this post yet again, so what if she had a job where she made money, does it make it less of a rape? Did she deserve it because she went to college and then got a job while being white?

The city should pay these guys out and do whatever possible to fix things. The woman should be left alone by the Mrs Kravitz class and race obsessed nuts.

Posted by matlock on Dec. 15, 2012 @ 1:17 pm

but only because she is more successful than they are. The one percent apparently deserve to be raped.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 15, 2012 @ 3:26 pm

You know, for a country that claims the law of the land is "innocent until proven guilty," it's odd that we have this self-censoring convention in mainstream journalism where the name of the accused can be splashed all over the front pages before they're convicted of anything, wrecking their life even if they're later found innocent, while the name of the victim and/or accuser is censored. But only for one type of crime. Weird. I don't think it's done this way in any other country.

I know I'm going off the reservation here, including the progressive reservation (and after all progressives are the main proponents of this rule), but I've never claimed to be PC. I'm not big on censorship of any sort, but if we were to have a rule, it would seem to me that the opposite would make more sense.

The Amsterdam News felt that given the history of this country, where any attack on a white woman is usually followed by rounding up of the nearest black youth, it was important for the public to know the name the person on whose behalf the prosecution was being waged. The black community in New York generally agreed with that assessment, and I share their agreement.

Whatever side you're on, whether you think they were right or wrong, I think we can both agree that given the backlash among the powerful mainstream establishment, it was, by definition, courageous of them to do something that no other newspaper dared to do.

Posted by Greg on Dec. 15, 2012 @ 8:25 pm

It was sleazy.

She could not name or point out her attackers, she had no control over who the cops snagged.

You parade your lack of morals as morals.

Posted by matlock on Dec. 16, 2012 @ 3:36 am

main suspects. They admitted to being there and committing crimes. There is little doubt they were involved or at least witnessed something and did not say.

I'm comfortable with the way this played out.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 16, 2012 @ 7:08 am

all the while the real perps run free.

Posted by marcos on Dec. 14, 2012 @ 11:54 am
Posted by Guest on Dec. 14, 2012 @ 12:07 pm

In this case there are facts. DNA evidence has proven that someone else committed the crime.

Posted by Greg on Dec. 14, 2012 @ 12:53 pm

The fact that DNA evidence exists for only one doesn't mean that everyone else at the scene is innocent.

Posted by Guest on Dec. 14, 2012 @ 1:05 pm

Repeating the same garbage many times doesn't make it true.

DNA evidence excluded *all* of the defendants. The person who matched the DNA eventually admitted to the crime, and he acted alone. Technically, while it's *possible* that someone else was there, didn't lay a finger on her, and watched as he attacked her... that mythical person or group of people probably don't exist, there is zero evidence that they exist, and if they did exist, there's no more reason to assume it was these five any more than a million other people who happen to have been in the vicinity of Central Park.

The evidence excludes all 5 defendants from participation in this crime.
It implicates someone else.
And there is as much evidence that Rudy Guliani himself "watched" the crime take place as any of these kids -that is to say, none.

I can't think of a more clear cut case of proven innocence than this.

Posted by Greg on Dec. 14, 2012 @ 2:08 pm

was one of the other attackers. Where was he that day?

If he wasn't guilty of that crime, the attitudes he expresses here indicate he must be guilty of something.

Wage theft would be my best guess.

Posted by Eddie on Dec. 14, 2012 @ 3:16 pm

Unfortunately a lot of people in this country have a reflexive authoritarian bias. If the authorities arrest and convict someone, then he must have been doing something wrong. Especially if the person fits their stereotype of what a miscreant looks like... and that's where the element of racism comes in.

To open their eyes and see the injustices in the system would shake their faith in the law enforcement authorities, so they simply choose to not believe it. When facts fly in the face of the frame, the facts go out the window.

So yeah, I get it why some people like are like this. That said, these kinds of views can't go unchallenged, because that's how you get creeping fascism.

Posted by Greg on Dec. 15, 2012 @ 8:02 pm

fascism doesn't creep, it leaps.

Keep on challenging. I think that's why I write comments here.

Posted by Eddie on Dec. 15, 2012 @ 8:30 pm

Jason Grant Garza here ... to GREG ... you are SO right that SHEEPLE want to believe ... type my name into a google search engine and read how LAW ENFORCEMENT, MEDICAL and JUDICIAL all LOOKED the OTHER WAY when it regarded their own. Go to http://www.myownprivateguantanamo.com to see a signed confession from the city for me and then leaving me for DEAD.

Look here at SF bay Guardian for all my comments and being IGNORED trying to illuminate for others NOT to be VICTIMIZED.

It has started all over again ... see http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cP3jCmJFRo

WAIT ... another massacre ... why do these people do this .... that is the "banality of evil" response ... we never NOT listened ... we NEVER NOT CARED ONLY ABOUT OURSELVES, WE NEVER KNEW ... in a PIG'S eye. My case and lack of HUMANITY after articles, blogs, etc ... show the LACK of HUMANITY, COMPASSION and desire to advance, learn, hold accountable, etc.
EXPECT more massacres when those in need are denied BASIC HUMANITY.
IT does not happen ... ha,ha,ha. Look at my case and the present denial .... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cP3jCmJFRo .. I can't even get the police to arrest and prosecute for the CRIMINAL FRAUD by San Francisco's Department of Public Health.

Shall I show you the paperwork from David Chiu's office regarding civil gideon or the dead end referral to the SF Bar Association, shall I show you the paperwork from the MINISTRY of SUNSHINE, shall I show you the paperwork I got from DPH, shall I show you the paperwork I got from the sheriff, shall I show you the paperwork I got from the SF police, shall I go on?

Oh, why oh why, did the recent massacre occur ??? What a false and self serving statement that chooses to ignore TRUTH and perpetuate illusion. We really care about one another ... what a farce ... we care about mental health ... what a farce ... look at my cases and ask yourself ... why is he still SANE?

Yes, Greg ... ILLUSION rules, facts are twisted, and HUMANS discarded.

P.S. Hey, Greg ... how MUCH do you want to bet that my postings, the TRUTH and this effort will continue to provide NOTHING ... no change, no accountability and consequence ... welcome to HELL.

What was the CONSEQUENCE of the signed confession ... http://www.myownprivateguantanamo.com/

Posted by Jason Grant Garza on Dec. 16, 2012 @ 7:46 am

There was only one guy it seems, his DNA matches that found on the victim. He is in jail for other things for life it seems. The prosecution claims that the injuries and scene show more than one attacker.

If these guys were guilty you would think they would have ratted out the guy who was the DNA match at the time.

Posted by matlock on Dec. 15, 2012 @ 1:22 pm

acquit the other five, who admit to being there and committing crimes.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 15, 2012 @ 3:27 pm

They admitted it under duress. People admit all sorts of things they didn't do under those conditions.

The guy who did it had no connection to these five, admits that he acted alone, and his MO for previous rapes was to act alone.

The lack of their DNA doesn't mean they weren't on the scene; but it also doesn't mean you or I or Rudy Guliani or her collegues at the investment bank weren't on the scene.

Posted by Greg on Dec. 15, 2012 @ 7:51 pm

Like a modern day lynch mob, the corporate press fanned the flames of fear and racism with stories of "wolf packs" of black kids "wilding" in Central Park.

Meanwhile the real wolf packs were working for places like Solomon Brothers, where Trisha Meili was an investment banker. And they went on a wilding rampage through our economy that left the whole country in tatters.

Maybe Trisha Meili was a part of that rampage. Maybe she wasn't. Hell if I know. But I do know one thing. The boys who spent 13 years in prison sure as hell didn't do it.

Posted by Truth to Power on Dec. 14, 2012 @ 2:29 pm

I have to say the comments on this post are some of the worst I have encountered on SFBG. From "Guest" to "Truth to Power" and "Greg", this is all a game. The kids who were convicted for this crime appear to be innocent and their incarceration is a horrible injustiace, but in no way does this justify making the original victim out to be at fault. Seeing everything through some sort of political prism is a very unhealthy view of the world.

Posted by Guest666 on Dec. 14, 2012 @ 9:22 pm

The woman is quite wealthy. She has a bully pulpit in her career as a public speaker, and specifically in this case as the "original victim." She has to know they're innocent now. She could do a lot to help them get justice. And yet she chooses not to.

Never said that she's at fault for being attacked. But when you're in a unique position to do good, and you choose to do nothing, then you share some responsibility.

Everything is political. Glad that you can at least see that this was a horrible miscarriage of justice, unlike some who refuse to admit it. But the next step is to understand that these miscarriages of justice don't happen in a vacuum, by accident. Out of a million people whose DNA didn't match, they chose to round up some poor black youths and coerce confessions out of them... as opposed to say one of Meili's investment banker coworkers. Why not? Seems every bit as plausible to me, if not more so. I'll tell you why not: politics. The politics of racial hate.

Posted by Greg on Dec. 14, 2012 @ 10:44 pm

She had no memory of the incident which is entirely normal with victims of crimes like this. She is as much as victim as these poor kids - she'd doubly a victim because she was raped and beaten and then victimized by prosecutors who used her case for their own ends - not to give her justice, which is her due.

Give her a break for God's sake. After what she went through I doubt she wants to spend more time on the issue - and she doesn't have to.

Posted by Lucretia Snapples on Dec. 14, 2012 @ 11:10 pm

You may doubt that she wants to spend more time on this issue, but you'd be very wrong. Talking about this issue (and writing books about it) is what she does for a living. It's part of her stump speech as a motivational speaker. It's made her a lot of money.

And yet, in terms of helping these kids who even you admit are just as much victims as she is, there's a pointed refusal to say a word.

And yes, if I were her, I'd be pretty pissed at the prosecutors. And the cops. I'd be calling for them to face charges. Not a word about that either.

Weird.

Posted by Greg on Dec. 14, 2012 @ 11:31 pm

nothing but excuses for the guilty parties. Just, wow.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 15, 2012 @ 8:07 am

-- though I suppose if fulfilled itself as an impetus for those excellent points you made Greg.

Thanks for taking the time here for your clear and cohesive refutations of this and other similar right-wing fables.

These are the lies of mass-media professionals such as Bill O'Reilly, Rush Limbaugh, Micheal Savage (nee-Wiener), etc. which are being indirectly relayed to us through the agency of this troll or trolls.

Posted by lillipublicans on Dec. 15, 2012 @ 8:38 am

Greg, you disdain her subsequent behavior?

While expressing supprot for criminals?

And the left wonders why it always loses?

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 15, 2012 @ 9:21 am

Designed to make progressives look like hideous, wild-eyed crazies. He does an excellent job of it. He's paid per comment by FOX News and other right-wing outlets which then use his comments as a basis to attack progressives - he's been particularly helpful on that account with the Ross Mirkarimi issue.

Posted by Lucretia Snapples on Dec. 15, 2012 @ 11:33 am

most effective conservative commentator here. Lilli justs tirs up controversy with the most abjectly absurb concepts. But then Marcos employs dense, opaque phrasing to obfuscate the message. Eddie is a kneejerk monotone figurine with neither breadth nor depth. And Greg is soulless, favoring criminals over their victims, and terrorists over Americans.

As a bunch, they do the conservative cause a power of good. They're either very clever right-wing moles, or are hopeless liberals even by the usual standard of that.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 15, 2012 @ 11:49 am
Posted by lillipublicans on Dec. 15, 2012 @ 12:06 pm

future.

I forgot my audience for a moment.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 15, 2012 @ 3:24 pm

Stick to being an ass-clown.

Posted by lillipublicans on Dec. 15, 2012 @ 3:52 pm

Go cash your check from FOX News and get a bit of holiday spirit why dontcha - you nasty grinch.

Posted by Lucretia Snapples on Dec. 15, 2012 @ 4:08 pm

However, I take offense at your description of me as a "hopeless liberal," as I am neither.

Posted by Eddie on Dec. 15, 2012 @ 12:20 pm

hopeless, you've given us no reason to believe that you're not.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 15, 2012 @ 3:23 pm

Refers to what, I wonder?

Perhaps it is used in the royal pronoun sense? Certainly the decree that Eddie is a liberal has all the earmarks of would-be royalty: i.e., wild pomposity.

Is it just a pathetically obvious attempt to adopt a mantle majoritarianism?

A Freudian revelation of multiple personality disorder?

Posted by lillipublicans on Dec. 15, 2012 @ 4:25 pm

Don't you have a visiting mime troop to watch or something?

Posted by Lucretia Snapples on Dec. 15, 2012 @ 4:39 pm

There is no substance there; only apparitions and shadows.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 15, 2012 @ 6:08 pm

the first paragraph, that is easy to agree with, although the "original victim" in quotations is a bit much.

The rest is your usual nutty garbage.

Posted by matlock on Dec. 15, 2012 @ 1:54 pm

Jason Grant Garza here ... yes, what does private Manning, the Boy Scouts, DPH and myself have in common and the above ABUSE at the "PROTECTOR'S HANDS?"

Manning is standing for his values, convictions, the law, what is right and what is HUMANE against the full machinery of the banality of evil. The system is corrupt and unaccountable. This is the system that disposed of the torture tapes ... this is the system that keeps innocent men in jail in guantanamo and this is the system that "fixed the intelligence" to go into the Iraq WAR.

In the recent BOY SCOUT scandal ... the police, courts and medical professionals all further harmed the VICTIM and created the culture that allowed the continual ABUSE, HARM and DAMAGES. Now that it is out will any of the above pay the price?

Now for the reference to myself and the connection ... go to http://www.myownprivateguantanamo.com to read and see the signed confession/settlement agreement from CCSF and DPH for breaking MEDICAL LAW and then they LEFT me DEAD. http://myownprivateguantanamo.com/settle1.html
Shall we speak of the FEDERAL LAWSUIT C02-3485PJH ???

Now it has started all over again ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cP3jCmJFRo Denial of health services, denial of legal rights to access the medical services, denial of access and accommodation, criminal fraud, no advocacy, abuse under the color of authority, civil right violations, etc.

Want to see what I got from the DA ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eN41g_veF8

or maybe what I got from the Sheriff Investigative division .. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=024cFdvqSQg

or from the SHERIFF (note the ADVOCACY) ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xax7ksytpu4

How about trying to followup with the HUMAN RIGHTS COMMISSION and OFFICE of CITIZEN'S COMPLAINTS ( if you can not use the system to complain ... how can you fix?) abd NOTE all the ADVOCACY from SF Police Department http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYFPtQ0F_jU

and if you do not believe that I have TRIED to USE the by design FAILING systems ... type my name into a google search engine to read all the articles here in the Bay Guardian that I have commented on over the MINISTRY of SUNSHINE (sunshine task force), the FARCE of the ETHICS COMMISSION and the INHUMANITY dressed up.

So in the END ... you are either a part of the SOLUTION or like the well paid professionals ... part of the PROBLEM.

Ironic ... they the well paid PROFESSIONALS will retire and LIVE the GOOD LIFE and have HEALTH CARE yet, I can not get mine and it will be my TAXES that paid for theirs ... ironic, moronic and INHUMANE ... but WHAT is the CONSEQUENCE? And I have the signed confession PROVING unaccountable methodology ... I mean the GREAT HERRERA cares so much about GAY RIGHTS and the LAW ... was it not their office that had my case thrown out of federal court (C02-3485PJH) with TESTILYING and fraud ONLY to sign a CONFESSION/SETTLEMENT AGREEMENT four years later with the Office of Inspector General admitting FAULT and GUILT for BREAKING federal medical LAW? Yes, the CONTRITION, RESTITUTION and HUMANITY (NONE received) speaks VOLUMES ... meaningless words = PRICELESS. RESULTS/HELP/CONTRITION = ZERO, NIL, NADA. Keep drinking the KOOL-AIDE.

Oh and if matters weren't bad, horrible or inhumane enough ... the City Attorney had me FALSELY 5159'ed during my deposition as further HARM and PRESSURE to drop my lawsuit ... yes, many many many tactics were used and utimately lying in court is what got their desired RESULTS to have my case thrown out. Now, I have a signed confession and as victor I get to write the history and if I am lying, misrepresenting, etc ... the city attorney can arrest me and bring up charges ... sort of like DPH can go with me in front of a JUDGE with my paperwork to see the MALTREATMENT and LAW BREAKING activity ... do you believe they want this or will allow? Yes, let the ILLUSION continue ...

"Telling the TRUTH during TIMES of UNIVERSAL DECEIT is a REVOLUTIONARY Act." George Orwell

Shall we see how much TRACTION this AWFUL INCONVENIENT TRUTH gets ... did it get any before ....type my name into a google search engine and read ALL the comments just here at the SF Bay Guardian ... PEOPLE DO NOT WANT THE TRUTH they would rather believe the lies ... the first start of FASCISM ... you know the BIGGER the LIE ... the MORE THEY will believe it.

A Nation of FOOLS deserves what it gets. ENJOY !!!!

Posted by Jason Grant Garza on Dec. 15, 2012 @ 8:47 am

Jason - do you really believe posting the same thing, over and over and over, on totally unrelated stories is going to bring you the justice and closure you clearly so desperately need?

Posted by Lucretia Snapples on Dec. 15, 2012 @ 5:01 pm

Eric, Eddie, Greg, Marcos and the incomparably dim Lilli put together.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 15, 2012 @ 6:12 pm

Jason Grant Garza here ... yes, LUCRETIA ... totally unrelated stories if you choose to be deliberately BLIND to the AWFUL TRUTH. Many many many many times I have beem pointing out the TRUTH in this BANALITY of EVIL, Do I NOT have a CONFESSION, did I NOT tell the TRUTH, have I NOT been IGNORED constantly in as you put it my rantings and ravings even here, did it NOT start all over again?

Or should I just go AWAY and DIE somewhere so that they may continue and hopefully NOT on you? Your compassion rates right up there with your intelligence.

Oh and for the last principle ... I keep posting to keep the TRUTH present and alive ... didn't the recent article regarding the massacre do this also? However, I will keep on going after the initial CRISES passes and the media moves on without a fix ... just staitng how much they care and how bad about mental health and the well paid mental professionals unable to do their job ... however, I knowing the GAME will continue.

No justice so far, no closure ... but I will NEVER receive if I stop.

Will you question this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cP3jCmJFRo ???

I am not holding my breathe ... not listening to the distractors, false prophets, nor INCOMPETENT PROFESSIONALS.

Here I was called a MORON ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZiB1ppIX9o

Posted by Jason Grant Garza on Dec. 16, 2012 @ 8:07 am

These times are difficult for many people and each expresses their angst in different ways. Lucretia here is in crisis herself and that is why she keeps on switching identities and has attempted to use you as a prop for her malevolent acting-up.

Keep on, and please consider that though nobody is perfect, some professionals who seem incompetent to you may not be so wholly incompetent as you think. Consider the possibility that they may have your best interests at heart. It's a good time to give people second chances (Ms. Snapples here excepted, of course.)

Posted by lillipublicans on Dec. 16, 2012 @ 8:34 am