New gay sports bar Hi Tops scores. Plus: Moodymann, Tin Man, more nightlife
Are you even ready for Finnish acid? Of course you are: Tin Man's hypnotic, energetic yet urbane tracks have been staples on quality dance floors for well-nigh half a decade. Johannes Auvinen was actually raised in Cali, thus the extra bit of sunshine peaking out of his peaks and polishing his deeps. On 222 Hyde's great soundsystem, he should have the basement walls swaying in no time for his SF debut.
Fri/30, 9pm, $20 advance. 222 Hyde, SF. www.ayli-sf.com
House purists took a moment to warm to Dyed: he seemed to leap fully formed from the Paris club scene and land too perfectly near the top of the Ibiza favorites list. But in the past few years, he's delivered some incredibly lovely and historically-eared mixes and remixes (many coproduced or inspired by the European scene's exceptional female cohort) that have everyone convinced. He's the real deal. And so smiley!
Sat/1, 9pm-4am, $10 advance. Monarch, 101 Sixth St., SF. www.monarchsf.com
Um, in case you missed it, 90s house is back. But rarely do we get a chance to hear the story of that interesting and incredibly varied decade from the San Francisco DJs and producers who made it all happen. (When Doc Martin plays a retro set here, it's a main event.) So having Fred Everything, David Harness, Jay-J, Solar, and Jayvi Velasco hit the decks on Mighty's big-room rave-worthy system, for free, all night long is an education no young neophyte should pass up.
Sat/1, 9pm-late, free. Mighty, 119 Utah, SF. www.mighty119.com
How much does SF adore this British-Italian disco mage, 1/4 of the wildly popular Horse Meat Disco crew? Find out in a sweat on Honey Soundsystem's dancefloor as he tours in support of a new compilation of his favorite tracks (including some local faves) on Classic Records. Love!
Sun/2, 9pm, $5. Holy Cow, 1535 Folsom, SF. www.honeysoundsystem.com
*The original party, as listed in the print version of this article, was set for Thu/29. This version has been corrected.
Most Commented On
- Good to see SFBG adopting the "charity model" for helping those - July 28, 2014
- Where I was on the day President Kennedy was shot - July 28, 2014
- Best of the Bay 2013: BEST NORTH BEACH FRY BOMB - July 28, 2014
- Ain't nobody who can sing -- or bring the progressive fire -- - July 28, 2014
- whistleblowers - July 28, 2014
- Not a failure, but definitely - July 28, 2014
- Agree, there are too many people in SF now for one very clear - July 28, 2014
- Wrong again. My point wasn't that my definition of "fairness" is - July 28, 2014
- growth? - July 28, 2014
- So there is on definition of - July 28, 2014