Presents for your best bud don't have to be major. Give them something to make the bike rides you share brighter or beermaking burlier. And when in doubt: bear socks.
Serving time as "friend" for the Holiday Guide photoshoot, Guardian intern George McIntire exudes bike-buddy realness
LED REAR LIGHT, $9.99
Show your bike gang member you care with the gift of safety. What are you, their mom?
Nomad Cyclery, 2555 Irving, SF. www.nomadcyclery.com
PRINT OF MEXICAN OR COLOMBIAN STREET ART, $6
SF artist Lex Mex traveled Latin America with an eye to the walls. Lucky you, the photo prints that came out of that journey are perfect for the street art fanatic on your list.
Artillery Gallery, 2751 Mission, SF. www.artillery-ag.com
MID-CENTURY FILM SOUNDTRACKS, $3-6
That flick you and your bestie watched as artsy college stoners? They've got the score at local music mecca Grooves for insta-trips down memory lane.
Grooves, 1797 Market, SF
BEER MAKING SUPPLIES, UNDER $10/POUND
Do not fear the practical present. If homeboy or girl has a beloved hobby, they'll never be mad about you re-upping supplies for it. Bags of yeast, hops, or grains will sit perfectly with the homebrew enthusiast.
San Francisco Brewcraft, 1555 Clement, SF. www.sfbrewcraft.com
LAUGH LAUGH BEAR SOCKS, $4
What better gift for your emotional rock and partner in crime than off-brand Sanrio socks?
New People, 1746 Post, SF. www.newpeopleworld.com
SFQ BARBEQUE SAUCE, $6.95 FOR NINE OUNCE
Made locally from the same ingredients as true friendship (chocolate and coffee), SFQ was made as an attempt to foster an SF barbeque style. Made with Californian ingredients like Wine Country red wine vinegar, your bud will want to slather on this vegan treat.
Park and Pond, 1422 Grant, SF. www.parkandpond.com
Most Commented On
- If you invest in their "affordable housing fund" you will get a - December 6, 2013
- The Marsh provides - December 6, 2013
- GPD inhabits some alternative reality. - December 6, 2013
- I wonder if people in Washington DC bemoan the bicycle coalition - December 6, 2013
- Does that include the lobbying by unions and transit advocates? - December 6, 2013
- GPD could not be more wrong - December 6, 2013
- Last I Checked SF Was Still Part Of The United States - December 6, 2013
- Ironic - December 6, 2013
- Yes, rent control deters the re-renting of vacant units. - December 6, 2013
- Marcos has been driven out of here, it seems. - December 6, 2013