'Gigli' is forgiven: 70s thriller 'Argo' is Ben Affleck's best yet
Argo is Affleck's third film — the first not set in Boston, and the second that Affleck himself stars in. Though he cast his brother, Casey Affleck, in 2007's Gone Baby Gone, he gave himself the lead in 2010's The Town, a decision that ended up being one of the film's weak links. ("Oh look," my movie going companion pointed out during The Town's forced-soulful denouement. "He escaped to Beardlandia!") But his turn in Argo is, refreshingly, more or less vanity-free — just one gratuitous shirtless scene! — a hopeful sign that Affleck the actor may finally be giving Affleck the director the upper hand.
ARGO opens Fri/12 in Bay Area theaters.
Most Commented On
- Stop puffing the ganja and - April 15, 2014
- Subsidized bus riders - April 15, 2014
- The name is Benito - April 15, 2014
- how i got my soulmate back - April 15, 2014
- I HATE DAVID CAMPOS!!!!!!!!!! - April 15, 2014
- baba maliga is a real spell caster - April 15, 2014
- Oh Jeez, shut it down already... - April 15, 2014
- Sharon S. Everardo G . & company killed CCSF w/ protest - April 15, 2014
- Fight to build more - April 15, 2014
- Great job Chiu - April 15, 2014