As street artist Twist, he launched a thousand spray cans. But who does Barry McGee's gallery art inspire?
Looking around at the murals in the Bay today, the possibilities McGee exposed us to are evident. But I wonder sometimes who is becoming inspired by his gallery works, or those of other "street artists" who have found a way to support themselves in the art world. Are there baby taggers out there who are having their minds blown by this street-gallery mashup, who see possibilities for the once-and-sometimes-subversive art, not just increased the potential commercial viability?
Well anyway, I sure hope so.
Through Dec. 9, $9.50 museum admission
Berkeley Art Museum and Pacific Film Archive
2626 Bancroft Way, Berk.
Most Commented On
- OPEN MEETING REQUIRED BY LAW - April 17, 2014
- WAKE UP!! - April 17, 2014
- Mind The Log In Our Own Eye, Rather Than Speck In Our Neighbor's - April 17, 2014
- pBtqkqHymFhGJVu - April 17, 2014
- Some people are generous, some are not... - April 17, 2014
- Im an insurance broker and - April 17, 2014
- Nobody would have been hurt - April 17, 2014
- Tourism - April 17, 2014
- "Perhaps the restoration of - April 17, 2014
- Don't forget Helm.. - April 17, 2014