Some neighbors are bummed that a new pot club is coming to Mission Street, but does their reasoning make sense?
ALSO, LOGIC PROBLEMS
While researching this column, I also spoke with Philip Lesser of the MMMBID, who told me his neighborhood group was firmly in favor of medical marijuana, likening pot clubs to medical centers. But, he said, the Morado Collective's spot between fancy restaurants Foreign Cinema and Lolinda "just doesn't seem like the appropriate place to have a doctor's office."
What would be appropriate? "I'm thinking that anything that could better promote the arts and entertainment," he ventured, adding that Alamo Draft House is set to open a five-screen movie theater in another Murad property across the street.
But — what makes you want to go to the movies more than weed?
Most Commented On
- I thought he made some good points before an evident troll - April 16, 2014
- And who pays for that? Let me guess. - April 16, 2014
- Just saying that it is an unfortunate first name. - April 16, 2014
- LOL, Krugman and Reich? - April 16, 2014
- Having a taser is not a justification for waving it around, - April 16, 2014
- Caring that a few people are very rich is the - April 16, 2014
- Hey, Greg, you used my line. - April 16, 2014
- Two thirds of SF residents are in the top one percent, - April 16, 2014
- But Greg, you make "snap judgments" all the time about - April 16, 2014
- Oh so socialist, - April 16, 2014