Some neighbors are bummed that a new pot club is coming to Mission Street, but does their reasoning make sense?
ALSO, LOGIC PROBLEMS
While researching this column, I also spoke with Philip Lesser of the MMMBID, who told me his neighborhood group was firmly in favor of medical marijuana, likening pot clubs to medical centers. But, he said, the Morado Collective's spot between fancy restaurants Foreign Cinema and Lolinda "just doesn't seem like the appropriate place to have a doctor's office."
What would be appropriate? "I'm thinking that anything that could better promote the arts and entertainment," he ventured, adding that Alamo Draft House is set to open a five-screen movie theater in another Murad property across the street.
But — what makes you want to go to the movies more than weed?
Most Commented On
- Global Climate Warming - March 12, 2014
- Which of course is an art form. - March 12, 2014
- The nanny state never ceases in its mission to control every - March 12, 2014
- No flossing = expensive dental visit - March 12, 2014
- Different Strokes - March 12, 2014
- No, that would defeat the whole purpose of shuttles - March 12, 2014
- Wheelie - March 12, 2014
- It was a gentle, light-hearted parody of the kind of people who - March 12, 2014
- Distraction from Reality does NOT change TRUTH ... - March 12, 2014
- The rule is four or maybe - March 12, 2014