Some neighbors are bummed that a new pot club is coming to Mission Street, but does their reasoning make sense?
ALSO, LOGIC PROBLEMS
While researching this column, I also spoke with Philip Lesser of the MMMBID, who told me his neighborhood group was firmly in favor of medical marijuana, likening pot clubs to medical centers. But, he said, the Morado Collective's spot between fancy restaurants Foreign Cinema and Lolinda "just doesn't seem like the appropriate place to have a doctor's office."
What would be appropriate? "I'm thinking that anything that could better promote the arts and entertainment," he ventured, adding that Alamo Draft House is set to open a five-screen movie theater in another Murad property across the street.
But — what makes you want to go to the movies more than weed?
Most Commented On
- "The Sustainable Streets - December 9, 2013
- Yeah, it's a damn shame San - December 9, 2013
- There are shelters for the homeless nut many of them choose - December 9, 2013
- Autism Spectrum Disorder - December 9, 2013
- "It's a power thing for us - December 9, 2013
- CAREERS AND ED: Bend over, boardroom - December 9, 2013
- Am thanking Dr SHAVAI for helping me bring my lost husband bca - December 9, 2013
- So tired of people from - December 9, 2013
- Brilliant post! I certainly - December 9, 2013
- My husband dumped me 3 months - December 8, 2013