Some neighbors are bummed that a new pot club is coming to Mission Street, but does their reasoning make sense?
ALSO, LOGIC PROBLEMS
While researching this column, I also spoke with Philip Lesser of the MMMBID, who told me his neighborhood group was firmly in favor of medical marijuana, likening pot clubs to medical centers. But, he said, the Morado Collective's spot between fancy restaurants Foreign Cinema and Lolinda "just doesn't seem like the appropriate place to have a doctor's office."
What would be appropriate? "I'm thinking that anything that could better promote the arts and entertainment," he ventured, adding that Alamo Draft House is set to open a five-screen movie theater in another Murad property across the street.
But — what makes you want to go to the movies more than weed?
Most Commented On
- Most computer science majors are men - July 24, 2014
- Women in tech - July 24, 2014
- Doing the work of the Koch brothers - July 24, 2014
- the SFBG is way too hypocritical to answer - July 24, 2014
- Kudos - July 24, 2014
- There is no "subsidy." Stop spewing nonsense - July 24, 2014
- 50 bucks says - July 24, 2014
- SFBG has always been a white newspaper. - July 24, 2014
- Homeless People Infesting the Main Library - July 24, 2014
- So what are "progressives" doing to fix public education? - July 24, 2014