PB and please -- lunch goes above and beyond with sophisticated sandos
Sides ($2.25 half pint; $4.25 pint) range from coleslaw to a salad of spinach leaves, goat cheese and strawberries, while three bean salad — cannellini, kidney and garbanzo beans tossed with onion, parsley, lemon, olive oil — comes in mini-tasting cups with each sandwich. Local ingredients go beyond ice cream and coffee to sandwich bread from Bordenave's in San Rafael, with neighborhood goodwill in the form of a kids menu and dessert sandwiches like Peanut Butter & Better ($4.99): creamy or crunchy PB, sliced bananas, lavender honey, or grape jelly.
The space is nondescript in a refreshing way, with sidewalk seating and Middle Eastern music videos playing on a flat screen. Thankfully, not every new opening in the Mission is a hipster, trendy affair.
2966 Mission, SF. (415) 814-3814, www.hotpresssf.com
Subscribe to Virgina's twice-monthly newsletter, The Perfect Spot, www.theperfectspotsf.com
- Twitter tax break beneficiary Zendesk launches app to help the - August 20, 2014
- mBTUdzZSFYGakWIHPMUQ - August 20, 2014
- What to Look for in a Steam - August 20, 2014
- LItSCrVVjAlw - August 20, 2014
- tgHUPEceXz - August 20, 2014
- gHeGhFjtipHYKGusOx - August 20, 2014
- FzyeZUSPqTrG - August 20, 2014
- Bill would tax companies with wide CEO-worker pay disparities - August 20, 2014
- mkNknhdOvrnlDEcQc - August 20, 2014
- bIKuyUaxhMbZ - August 20, 2014