PB and please -- lunch goes above and beyond with sophisticated sandos
Sides ($2.25 half pint; $4.25 pint) range from coleslaw to a salad of spinach leaves, goat cheese and strawberries, while three bean salad — cannellini, kidney and garbanzo beans tossed with onion, parsley, lemon, olive oil — comes in mini-tasting cups with each sandwich. Local ingredients go beyond ice cream and coffee to sandwich bread from Bordenave's in San Rafael, with neighborhood goodwill in the form of a kids menu and dessert sandwiches like Peanut Butter & Better ($4.99): creamy or crunchy PB, sliced bananas, lavender honey, or grape jelly.
The space is nondescript in a refreshing way, with sidewalk seating and Middle Eastern music videos playing on a flat screen. Thankfully, not every new opening in the Mission is a hipster, trendy affair.
2966 Mission, SF. (415) 814-3814, www.hotpresssf.com
Subscribe to Virgina's twice-monthly newsletter, The Perfect Spot, www.theperfectspotsf.com
Most Commented On
- Yeah - he's right - December 11, 2013
- Almost 25 years here, - December 11, 2013
- I think he is more interested - December 11, 2013
- Come on, you cannot possibly live in this city if you have not - December 11, 2013
- What a horrible, hateful - December 11, 2013
- I think this guy is - December 11, 2013
- There is no legal or causal case to answer there. - December 11, 2013
- Yes, if you mean civil or criminal liability - December 11, 2013
- If these accidents are not reported then how can anyone - December 11, 2013
- But isn't he 100% correct and saying what many of us here say. - December 11, 2013