Under oath - Page 4

Mayor Ed Lee testifies in front of the Ethics Commission shortly before being whisked away by his security detail.

"You have asserted in your written charges that Sheriff Mirkarimi's conduct fell below the standard of decency, good faith, and right action that is impliedly required of all public officials, correct?" Kopp asked.

"Yes," Lee replied.

"We expect certain things of our elected officials, right?" Kopp asked.

After a long pause, in which Lee appeared to be thinking through his answer, he replied, "That's generally true, yes."

"And when the charter speaks of official misconduct, it doesn't say we expect a certain standard for the sheriff, a different standard for the mayor, a different standard for the DA, a separate standard for the assessor, it just speaks in general terms about official misconduct for public officials, right?" Kopp asked.

Kaiser objected to the question on three counts, sustained on the grounds that it calls for a legal conclusion.

"Do you yourself believe there's a separate standard for sheriff than for other elected officials?" Kopp asked, and this time the city's objection was overruled and Lee replied, "It should be the same standard."

"And would you agree with me that one of the things that is expected of elected officials is for them to be honest and forthright when dealing not only with their constituents, but with other elected officials?" Kopp asked, his final question before Chair Benedict Hur announced that the hearing would be suspended and the room would need to be cleared.

After the hearing reconvened, Kopp drew parallels to other city officials who remained on job after scandals, including former Mayor Gavin Newsom (who had an affair with a subordinate who was married to his campaign manager), former Sheriff Dick Hongisto (who was jailed for refusing to carry out a court's eviction order), and current Fire Chief Joanne Hayes White (whose husband reported that she hit him in the head with a pint glass).

Asked about the latter case, Lee responded, "I don't know all the circumstances around that and I don't believe I was mayor at the time."

Comments

Jason Grant Garza here ... whether perjury, bad faith, abuse of power, abuse of office or MORAL HAZARD ... these are common tactics used by the city to WIN.

The city does NOT care about HUMANITY, the LAW, Right Conduct, it's LEFT for DEAD INNOCENT VINDICATED VICTIMS just winning at ALL COSTS ...

Don't believe me ... type my name into a google search engine or better yet ... go to http://www.myownprivateguantanamo.com to see the city's paperwork regarding case C02-3485PJH where the city denied me EMERGENCY MEDICAL SERVICES. At the website you will see the city "TESTILYIED" to have my case dismissed 2003 only to sign a "Confession/Settlement" Agreement in 2007 with the Office of Inspector General ADMITTING FAULT and GUILT for BREAKING FEDERAL LAW against me. Then they LEFT me for DEAD. Any more questions as to whether the city will lie or misrepresent or better yet MIS-SPEAK? Ha,ha,ha.

So when I went to start an investigation and accountability (how can you correct if not) I was ... you know the GAME. Now I went seeking MEDICAL services again 2011 (see case # 11081) at the MINISTRY of SUNSHINE and again the city gave the INCORRECT harmful and injurious city attorney advise and I was denied PUBLIC RECORDS. When I challenged them ... I still await not only the records but the MINISTRY holding them accountable and sending foward to ETHICS as requested. I guess I should just DIE now since HOPE, Good Conduct, Righ Action will never happen at the MINISTRY. Call and ask the MINISTRY (Andrea 554-7724) where the HIPAA expert is in case # 11081 and if they are not screwed since I will not let it pass or WHITEWASH. When I tried to escalate teh matter to Mr. Herrera ... you know the drill ... yet, I have kept all the paperwork to post to the web.

My in case # 11099 the city can not provide the CORRECT information as to who "ACCREDITS" them for patient/medical care" however, the MINISTRY has said it can not make DPH produce something it does not have, See case # 11099 ... Again faulty process, garbage in, garbage out is what the city provides and when BUSTED as in the "confession/settlement" agreement where the city admits breaking federal law against me ... I'm still Left for DEAD ... tactics, unaccountability, and inhumanity (Moral Hazard) is how this operates, runs and devolves.

Go KOPP Go KOPP GO KOPP Go KOPP .....

Shall we NOW see the cover-up over the records (PUBLIC RECORDS) for the Bomb Scare, the PUBLIC being left as FODDER, or others spoken to? Wait it's coming ...

Yes, go to http://www.myownprivateguantanao.com to see HOW the city attorney PLAYS the GAME of JUSTICE, HUMANITY, COMPASSION, ETHICAL BEHAVIOR, Investigation and accountability in order to correct (ha,ha,ha) ... any more questions?

Posted by Jason Grant Garza on Jul. 04, 2012 @ 6:51 am

Was Mayor Lie wearing a wire when he lee'ed about Wong and Olague?

Posted by marcos on Jul. 09, 2012 @ 9:52 am

Many wires, like a puppet dancing on a string.

Posted by Patrick Monk RN on Jul. 12, 2012 @ 8:41 am

No, was Ed Lie being fed answers via ear piece while testifying under oath given that every question was punctuated by a longish gap prior to Lie's leeing answer.

How do we know that the Mayor was not listening in his ears for hints from someone like Willie Brown who knows how to evade traps and that the same person did not fake the bomb threat to give Ed Lie cover?

Posted by Guest on Jul. 12, 2012 @ 10:15 am

beings from a distant galaxy?

How do we know that the earth isn't flat?

How do we know if there is any limit to how ridiculous allegations about right-wing conspiracies will get?

Posted by Guest on Jul. 12, 2012 @ 10:59 am

So how do you explain the long gaps? It should be very simple to test if a witness is wired, and since these torturous delays happened with every question and it is difficult to comprehend that Ed Lie's brain works THAT slowly, what's the harm in testing for a radio reception device in the Mayor's ear when he is recalled to testify?

If there is nothing to hide, there is nothing to hide, right? The most transparent administration in history.

Posted by Guest on Jul. 12, 2012 @ 11:24 am

radio is almost certainly a right wing troll sowing this conspiracy theory as bait; ultimately for the purpose of attempting to discredit the far more credible idea that the bomb threat was engineered to get the mayor off the hot seat.

Even the bomb threat "conspiracy" isn't necessary to see Ed Lee for what he is: an opportunistic tool of big business, real estate, and other entrenched SF power interests.

Posted by lillipublicans on Jul. 12, 2012 @ 12:00 pm

So there's a right-wing conspiracy to spread right-wing conspiracies to discredit those who spread right-wing conspiracies?

Please tell me you weren't serious. Please.

Posted by Guest on Jul. 12, 2012 @ 12:22 pm

substantial.

Once again: there have been no claims of "conspiracies"... until this one which is plainly a ruse.

A conspiracy -- such as a mike and earphone setup such as GW Bush likely used in debate against John Kerry -- requires at least *two* people.

The question of whether a bomb threat was phoned in to shelter Lee from hard questioning regarding his behavior leading up to the Mirkarimi suggestion only requires the belief that *one* person who saw Lee getting flustered acted.

Much more interesting is Wong's reticence and contrived unavailability for questioning in this matter anyhow.

Posted by lillipublicans on Jul. 12, 2012 @ 12:45 pm

was attending unless there was a prior agreement to do so (conspiracy) or because the bomb threat was real, which is what the sheriff's department also says.

You're reaching. And inviting the presumption of a conspiracy for which not a shred of evidence exists.

Posted by Guest on Jul. 12, 2012 @ 1:01 pm

It is possible that both are true, that Ed Lie was fed answers and alerted that the fake bomb scare was to occur and that the bomb scare was fake.

It is much simpler to test witnesses for honesty as pertains to wearing a 'wireless' than it is to suss out how the fake bomb scare went down.

Those long gaps between question and answer for a trained lawyer who got himself elected as Mayor of San Francisco and who has risen through the City bureaucracy over the decades are very suspicious.

Posted by Guest on Jul. 12, 2012 @ 12:40 pm

they should always delay before answering a question just in case your lawyer wishes to object to the question or demand it be rephrased.

Thinking before you speak is prudent in any event.

The rest of your post is total speculation for which you don't have a shred of evidence.

Posted by Guest on Jul. 12, 2012 @ 1:03 pm

Ed Lie was not prepped for this depo, otherwise he would not have perjured himself twice.

Perhaps a few seconds of delay would be appropriate, enough to catch a glance from your attorney but no more. But the tens of seconds of delay per question is in line with being fed answers, and is more suspicious of a felony crime of obstructing justice than a bruised arm is of a misdemeanor.

Posted by Guest on Jul. 12, 2012 @ 1:11 pm

the defendant took 2.7 seconds longer than the average deposee.

There is zero evidence that Lee was fed answers, zero evidence that he lied, and zero evidence that the proceedings were interrupted as part of vast right-wing conspiracy.

If you're in law school, don't quit your day job.

Posted by Guest on Jul. 12, 2012 @ 1:27 pm
Posted by lillipublicans on Jul. 12, 2012 @ 8:55 am

campaign manager to try and "persuade" Madison to keep her mouth shut about his violent crimes.

Posted by Guest on Jul. 12, 2012 @ 9:14 am
Posted by Patrick Monk RN on Jul. 12, 2012 @ 9:03 am
Posted by Guest on Jul. 12, 2012 @ 10:13 am

Mayor: Oh, we can bully and intimidate by (litigation privilege) ... Ross you tried to dissuade a witness, joked about domestic violence, committed "Official Misconduct while in office as SHERIFF; however any of my statements under perjury can not and will not be questioned. I am lord god over the process. We can even "CHUM" the water, "poison the well" ... I mean what are you going to do about it ... expect due process, ha,ha,ha. Ross you'll say anything just to pick on poor little me ... I was just doing my job as MAYOR.

What squeaky clean above reproach is needed? What I say can not and will not be questioned! Yes, we should expect more from Ross; but don't question me over what I said or what it means.

Maybe the Mayor was taking NOTES from Madison on how to SPIN a tale of FICTION.

Posted by Guest on Jul. 14, 2012 @ 4:26 am