Leather love, Detroit techno, carnaval after party, DJ Assault, Radio Slave, more parties
100 % BRAZILIAN CARNAVAL AFTER PARTY
Don't let sundown dull your Carnaval festival (www.carnavalsf.org) sequined shimmy. Mighty's got you (un)covered for night-time Caribbean carousing, with samba-rific live talent: Brothers Calatayud and Little Brasil, Fogo Na Ropa, Boca do Rio, Antonio Geudes and Chillaquiles, and many more plus Brazilian wax from DJs Zamba, Fausto Sousa.
Sun/27, 6pm-1am, $20. Mighty, 119 Utah, SF. www.mighty119.com
The always wonderful annual Stompy + Sunset Memorial Weekend jam (twelve hours of great music!) is a truly diverse SF gas with awesome guests, and this time the two venerable party crews are hosting the pumping wigginess of the UK's Radio Slave, plus NYC's deliciously groovy Alex from Tokyo, plus much ecstatic dancing.
Sun/27, 2pm-2am, $10 before 5pm, $20 after. Cafe Cocomo, 650 Indiana, SF. www.pacificsound.net
- Why sf why not San Jose? - August 20, 2014
- The Performant: Epochalypse Now - August 20, 2014
- Projections - August 20, 2014
- Rep. Speier calls for federal accreditation reform, citing CCSF - August 20, 2014
- Twitter tax break beneficiary Zendesk launches app to help the - August 20, 2014
- mbv4-ever - August 20, 2014
- Ed Lie's support is less than - August 20, 2014
- Didn't Ronald Reagan say that - August 7, 2014
- Except that they've not been - August 7, 2014
- They're outraged but they don't want any Palestinians in - August 7, 2014