Jesse Nesbitt, charged with Occupy violence on May Day, tell his story.
"When you join the military or the police department, you take an oath swearing to defend the United States Constitution against all enemies foreign and domestic," Nesbitt said. "Now they're passing the NDAA, Patriot Act, and other bills I don't know about. They're intentionally taking away our constitutional rights. We're supposed to defend those rights, not lie down and take it.
"I think Abraham Lincoln said, if the government betrays us, we're supposed to take them out." Nesbitt insists he's "not a terrorist. No matter what they might say about me in the Chronicle or whatnot, I'm not a terrorist. What is he, then? "I'm a freedom fighter," said Nesbitt. "I'm fighting for the freedom of everyone."
Most Commented On
- aFygUdPcXhr - July 24, 2014
- More $ to Muni means more absenteeism. - July 24, 2014
- Um... Tenant's rights might - July 24, 2014
- FncnUMLWjS - July 24, 2014
- hope you will share so much - July 24, 2014
- Re; - July 24, 2014
- NSA surveillance scandal goes full tilt clown - July 24, 2014
- jMYvwYeYbjltKJ - July 24, 2014
- osKHyQslGcOvSWA - July 24, 2014
- GWBcLSahBpZ - July 23, 2014