Jesse Nesbitt, charged with Occupy violence on May Day, tell his story.
"When you join the military or the police department, you take an oath swearing to defend the United States Constitution against all enemies foreign and domestic," Nesbitt said. "Now they're passing the NDAA, Patriot Act, and other bills I don't know about. They're intentionally taking away our constitutional rights. We're supposed to defend those rights, not lie down and take it.
"I think Abraham Lincoln said, if the government betrays us, we're supposed to take them out." Nesbitt insists he's "not a terrorist. No matter what they might say about me in the Chronicle or whatnot, I'm not a terrorist. What is he, then? "I'm a freedom fighter," said Nesbitt. "I'm fighting for the freedom of everyone."
Most Commented On
- oEWlFRRxKQEBaX - March 11, 2014
- The GOP Rating is Almost Negative - March 10, 2014
- Charlotte Shultz's slush fund - March 10, 2014
- Good Reporting Guardian - March 10, 2014
- Did it ever occur to you that - March 10, 2014
- Did it occur to you that she - March 10, 2014
- Is there a more bourgeois cause than white people's - March 10, 2014
- Was this article written by a - March 10, 2014
- The British did not vote for - March 10, 2014
- Separation of non-orthogonal concerns in software architecture - March 10, 2014