Jesse Nesbitt, charged with Occupy violence on May Day, tell his story.
"When you join the military or the police department, you take an oath swearing to defend the United States Constitution against all enemies foreign and domestic," Nesbitt said. "Now they're passing the NDAA, Patriot Act, and other bills I don't know about. They're intentionally taking away our constitutional rights. We're supposed to defend those rights, not lie down and take it.
"I think Abraham Lincoln said, if the government betrays us, we're supposed to take them out." Nesbitt insists he's "not a terrorist. No matter what they might say about me in the Chronicle or whatnot, I'm not a terrorist. What is he, then? "I'm a freedom fighter," said Nesbitt. "I'm fighting for the freedom of everyone."
Most Commented On
- James, you are free to live anywhere that you can afford. - July 28, 2014
- Rentals of less than 30 years have long been illegal? - July 28, 2014
- You might want to see a pro bono doctor about your obsession. - July 28, 2014
- They did say they needed some - July 28, 2014
- YTXUJeRsFv - July 28, 2014
- I have a good job and I can't - July 28, 2014
- Presidential mission - July 28, 2014
- Good to see SFBG adopting the "charity model" for helping those - July 28, 2014
- Where I was on the day President Kennedy was shot - July 28, 2014
- Best of the Bay 2013: BEST NORTH BEACH FRY BOMB - July 28, 2014