Step into the Wayback Machine: this new Cole Valley spot serves a panoply of delicious soda fountain treats
Cherry also shines in a tart sour cherry ice cream. Sicilian pistachio is rich and nutty. I've likewise been pleased with the ice cream sandwiches, particularly roasted pineapple ice cream layered in ginger cookies.
The jerks are a delightful team assembled from various bars, offering earnest, knowledgeable service. Tell them a flavor you'd like from the house tinctures and syrups (grapefruit to dill weed), and they'll make you a custom drink.
Sipping a custom mint egg cream at the soda fountain while listening to big band tunes is a respite I relish whether midday escape or evening dessert. Crowds of Cole Valley strollers and families abruptly bring me back to today, but, then, it's fair to say there is something appealing for everyone, child to adult, at this already widely embraced neighborhood hangout. *
ICE CREAM BAR AND SODA FOUNTAIN
815 Cole, SF.
Subscribe to Virgina's twice-monthly newsletter, The Perfect Spot, www.theperfectspotsf.com
Most Commented On
- No Wall on the Waterfront wins big, Chiu prevails in Assembly - July 31, 2014
- hXshiyEjKw - July 31, 2014
- Small Business Awards 2013: La Victoria Bakery - July 31, 2014
- kPWHymsYxMe - July 31, 2014
- One Lorde to rule them all: An evening at the Fox with one - July 31, 2014
- Bill would tax companies with wide CEO-worker pay disparities - July 31, 2014
- So the mayor sends out a memo - July 31, 2014
- How to survive as an artist in SF's 'new economy' - July 31, 2014
- rElzPacXAL - July 31, 2014
- XOBnrkqANUIVqf - July 31, 2014