Step into the Wayback Machine: this new Cole Valley spot serves a panoply of delicious soda fountain treats
Cherry also shines in a tart sour cherry ice cream. Sicilian pistachio is rich and nutty. I've likewise been pleased with the ice cream sandwiches, particularly roasted pineapple ice cream layered in ginger cookies.
The jerks are a delightful team assembled from various bars, offering earnest, knowledgeable service. Tell them a flavor you'd like from the house tinctures and syrups (grapefruit to dill weed), and they'll make you a custom drink.
Sipping a custom mint egg cream at the soda fountain while listening to big band tunes is a respite I relish whether midday escape or evening dessert. Crowds of Cole Valley strollers and families abruptly bring me back to today, but, then, it's fair to say there is something appealing for everyone, child to adult, at this already widely embraced neighborhood hangout. *
ICE CREAM BAR AND SODA FOUNTAIN
815 Cole, SF.
Subscribe to Virgina's twice-monthly newsletter, The Perfect Spot, www.theperfectspotsf.com
Most Commented On
- Yes!!! I couldn't have said - December 9, 2013
- Are you another actor? - December 9, 2013
- Ok. Right after SF sues - December 9, 2013
- Arrest the bus blockers and - December 9, 2013
- Although the speaker was an actor, he made a decent point - December 9, 2013
- we should realy let these people run the city. - December 9, 2013
- They knew that SFBG would fall for it hook line and sinker - December 9, 2013
- I've seen no evidence that any Google employee has displaced a - December 9, 2013
- I saw no threat. He simply said that Erin has put herself in a - December 9, 2013
- Oh man SFBG, correct this. - December 9, 2013