Drop that Lululemon and kit yourself up with these nearby retailers
Operating out of a warehouse in the Mission District, Yoga Props has been in business for 32 years. It sells a very wide range of items including blocks fashioned in the Props woodshop and locally made bolsters. In addition to online orders, Yoga Props welcomes walk-in customers who call ahead to its Mission HQ.
Hot item: cylindrical bolster
Yoga Mats is another SF-based prop purveyor that's been in town for decades, nearly three to be exact. While it participates in occasional Dogpatch neighborhood trunk sales, the bulk of Yoga Mats' business is done online.
Hot item: kapok-filled zafu crescent
No need to fly to remote spots like Tulum or Bali to get your OM on en masse. Taking place on the beach in Santa Monica, the Tadasana Festival will pair classes by master teachers like Seane Corne and Elena Brower with performances by global music luminaries like Karsh Kale, Cheb i Sabbah, and Vieux Farka Touré. No passport necessary, just gather your yogi posse and carpool to LaLa Land come late-April.
Can't miss: Mandala vinyasa with Shiva Rea and the Touré-Raichel Collective
Most Commented On
- It's not just loss-making entities that need to cut workers. - May 21, 2013
- Patients are NOT bargaining chips - May 21, 2013
- There's something creepy about the false accusations of racism - May 21, 2013
- I fully support the strike, - May 21, 2013
- It's true that stocks and RE are now at record highs. - May 21, 2013
- Such a shock, Greg, that you love the homeless - May 21, 2013
- Nope, UC doesn't have billions. It's really just an arm of the - May 21, 2013
- Oh, that old cheshnut? - May 21, 2013
- With inflation very low, no raise is acceptable. - May 21, 2013
- Just because an entity makes a profit does not means that - May 21, 2013