Drop that Lululemon and kit yourself up with these nearby retailers
Operating out of a warehouse in the Mission District, Yoga Props has been in business for 32 years. It sells a very wide range of items including blocks fashioned in the Props woodshop and locally made bolsters. In addition to online orders, Yoga Props welcomes walk-in customers who call ahead to its Mission HQ.
Hot item: cylindrical bolster
Yoga Mats is another SF-based prop purveyor that's been in town for decades, nearly three to be exact. While it participates in occasional Dogpatch neighborhood trunk sales, the bulk of Yoga Mats' business is done online.
Hot item: kapok-filled zafu crescent
No need to fly to remote spots like Tulum or Bali to get your OM on en masse. Taking place on the beach in Santa Monica, the Tadasana Festival will pair classes by master teachers like Seane Corne and Elena Brower with performances by global music luminaries like Karsh Kale, Cheb i Sabbah, and Vieux Farka Touré. No passport necessary, just gather your yogi posse and carpool to LaLa Land come late-April.
Can't miss: Mandala vinyasa with Shiva Rea and the Touré-Raichel Collective
Most Commented On
- It's nice Jane Kim is concerned about the rights of the - December 12, 2013
- Was walking down Folsom at the stop light between - December 12, 2013
- 16 million new cars were sold in the US in 2013. - December 12, 2013
- It's all about Me. Me. Me. - December 12, 2013
- His point was that many commutes are in and out of SF and - December 12, 2013
- Yeah, I stroll along the Panhandle a lot and there is a massive - December 12, 2013
- Where in all that does it show cyclists paying in more than - December 12, 2013
- Absolutely, while many (or - December 12, 2013
- I passed on judgment on fault. I merely noted that he was not an - December 12, 2013
- "As anyone who has traveled - December 12, 2013