AQ lights up SoMa with high creativity and affordable prices
A winning team of talented bartenders, helmed by Timothy Zohn, is worth a visit alone and should be a new go-to for cocktailians. (All menu cocktails are $10.) Winter's chill diminishes when sipping a New Amsterdam # 1: raisin-infused Bols Genever, maple syrup, Old Fashion bitters, and a splash of apple cider. Head south with Mexican Piano: Espolon blanco tequila, huckleberry syrup, lime, and tarragon, topped with a torched bay leaf. The menu contains lovely aperitif and digestif cocktails, many amaro based, with a section of classics given seasonal treatment, like a sazerac of date-infused Russell's Reserve Rye, sugar, and Peychaud's winter bitters. (The vintage glassware is gorgeous)
Already, AQ feels like "the whole package."
Mon.-Sun. 5:30 p.m.-11 p.m., Sunday brunch 11 a.m.-2 p.m.,
1085 Mission, SF.
Subscribe to Virgina's twice-monthly newsletter, The Perfect Spot, www.theperfectspotsf.com
*Due to an editing error, AQ's location was misstated in the paper as being in the Mission. Since the time of this review, AQ has since discontinued the lunch service referred to in the paper edition.
Most Commented On
- Yes, this looks like a taking on the face of it. - April 16, 2014
- It would take me 24 hours to file an eviction notice - April 16, 2014
- He actually came third out of - April 16, 2014
- check and mate! - April 16, 2014
- Famous last words. Let's see - April 16, 2014
- Steven reminds me of Bat Kid sometimes. - April 16, 2014
- they can try - April 16, 2014
- i never belive until i saw it will my eyes that dr aluda is real - April 16, 2014
- Eric are you planning on banning the burning of wood - April 16, 2014
- So any landlord who might have Ellised next year or the year - April 16, 2014