AQ lights up SoMa with high creativity and affordable prices
A winning team of talented bartenders, helmed by Timothy Zohn, is worth a visit alone and should be a new go-to for cocktailians. (All menu cocktails are $10.) Winter's chill diminishes when sipping a New Amsterdam # 1: raisin-infused Bols Genever, maple syrup, Old Fashion bitters, and a splash of apple cider. Head south with Mexican Piano: Espolon blanco tequila, huckleberry syrup, lime, and tarragon, topped with a torched bay leaf. The menu contains lovely aperitif and digestif cocktails, many amaro based, with a section of classics given seasonal treatment, like a sazerac of date-infused Russell's Reserve Rye, sugar, and Peychaud's winter bitters. (The vintage glassware is gorgeous)
Already, AQ feels like "the whole package."
Mon.-Sun. 5:30 p.m.-11 p.m., Sunday brunch 11 a.m.-2 p.m.,
1085 Mission, SF.
Subscribe to Virgina's twice-monthly newsletter, The Perfect Spot, www.theperfectspotsf.com
*Due to an editing error, AQ's location was misstated in the paper as being in the Mission. Since the time of this review, AQ has since discontinued the lunch service referred to in the paper edition.
Most Commented On
- Extrication - July 31, 2014
- Rising tide of plutocracy - July 31, 2014
- Bill would tax companies with wide CEO-worker pay disparities - July 31, 2014
- uPnqTInXnBgRqbVF - July 31, 2014
- Secret: - July 31, 2014
- My experience - July 31, 2014
- Ammiano and Leno seek to reform the Ellis Act and slow SF - July 31, 2014
- marcos, are you familiar with the role of a Whip? - July 31, 2014
- He has numbers. You do not, and nor do you have any - July 31, 2014
- Your home wasn't always a condo and so it would have been - July 31, 2014