Our Freedom of Information Issue salutes the winners of the 2011 James Madison Awards
"The judge approved, but only if we caused no distraction to the jury," Prodis recalled, adding that she was concerned that a laptop keyboard would make keyboard sounds. "So it was really great that one of our managers went to Fry's, bought an iPad, and handed it to me."
The D.A.'s office followed her blog, as did the family of the accused. "A community of people who never spoke to each other in the courtroom became fully engaged on the blog," she said.
"People want immediacy," she added. "Especially in the courts — they want something right now." (Sarah Phelan)
SPJ Awards dinner It's not too late to purchase tickets for the March 16 James Madison Freedom of Information Awards banquet in San Francisco. For more information, visit spjnorcal.org/blog and scroll to "26th Annual James Madison Freedom of Information Awards."
Most Commented On
- sLfqqWgljZlsxn - April 18, 2014
- Douchebags are haters who hate on a peaceful day. - April 18, 2014
- SMTlTsxVdWFkRaP - April 18, 2014
- TjmGrSyvfnSJxly - April 18, 2014
- vbHaeGBqUiCA - April 18, 2014
- JioflZcSjHCeMDkuWd - April 18, 2014
- NzIKUkZQLNhtTtYuVMvL - April 18, 2014
- the spell caster that help bring my ex back - April 18, 2014
- GAqXgqmcfeSsIPPXV - April 18, 2014
- The Best Spell caster... Thanks to Prophet Adesuwa - April 18, 2014