The magical settings, moments and drinks were many in the 4th Annual SF Cocktail Week, which set the bar high for all future Cocktail Weeks... consider attending next year, as it's far from being just for drink aficionados. It's for those who love a memorable party done in true San Francisco style.
I have watched Cocktail Week grow from intimate nights out at bars in prior years to this year's galas and ferry rides. Camaraderie was strong and I couldn't help but think that though there were even grander galas at major cocktail weeks like Tales of the Cocktail or Manhattan Cocktail Classic, the quality of the settings and drinks I had every night at SF Cocktail Week were far superior to most everything I tasted at either of those two events. SF, once again, does drink proud. (Check out part 2 here.)
9/21 - Inauguration of Boothby Center
SF now has a cocktail center to call its own: the “Cocktail Bill” Boothby Center for the Beverage Arts, which debuted opening night of Cocktail Week, named after SF bartending legend Cocktail Bill Boothby. A multi-use space in the Mission, it will be community center, beverage lab, and event space, preserving the art and history of the cocktail. The Barbary Coast Conservancy of the American Cocktail(BCCAC), headed up by H. Joseph Ehrmann (Elixir), Jeff Hollinger (Comstock Saloon), Duggan McDonnell (Cantina), calls it home base. Opening night was a raucous toast to the still raw space with, what else? Classic cocktails, including the week's official drink, a Papa Ghirardelli.
9/23 - Ragtag Rabble Gaming Soiree
Most Commented On
- Take away SF's alleged "world class" status and we are just - August 1, 2014
- People who live in SF and commute elswhere are bad - August 1, 2014
- So good Greg - August 1, 2014
- Please list these latin American countries. - August 1, 2014
- good point - August 1, 2014
- Latin American countrys put Israel on list of "Terrorist States" - August 1, 2014
- We don't have to do things in - August 1, 2014
- NSA surveillance scandal goes full tilt clown - August 1, 2014
- Remember, I'm agreeing with you - August 1, 2014
- SF progressives labor under paradoxes - August 1, 2014