The Guardian has been periodically producing the Board of Supervisors' Good Vote Guide for many years, tracking where our elected representatives come down on important issues. And unlike a similar poll recently put out by the San Francisco Chamber of Commerce, which chose 10 votes designed to promote deregulating and subsidizing big businesses, we chose items important to the broad public interest.
The 20 votes we selected this time reflect our concerns for protecting tenants, funding vital public services, safeguarding civil liberties, promoting small businesses and nonprofits, appointing qualified people to commissions, and valuing the environment more than "green" press releases and corporate profits.
To view our guide (PDF), please click here
Most Commented On
- Last name? Address? Phone number? - March 11, 2014
- No, I don't work for PUC and I think that Marzia is as useless - March 11, 2014
- I have no problem with providing a Mercedes for every disabled - March 11, 2014
- Companies should coordinate their drop off schedules - March 11, 2014
- Well, that's the name on my - March 11, 2014
- dWRdVWwwnod - March 11, 2014
- Guest = a PUC employee. - March 11, 2014
- I repeat, what more evidence - March 11, 2014
- The implication is that Tiny doesn't care about evictions of - March 11, 2014
- Public comments are easily the most tedious part of any city - March 11, 2014