The Guardian has been periodically producing the Board of Supervisors' Good Vote Guide for many years, tracking where our elected representatives come down on important issues. And unlike a similar poll recently put out by the San Francisco Chamber of Commerce, which chose 10 votes designed to promote deregulating and subsidizing big businesses, we chose items important to the broad public interest.
The 20 votes we selected this time reflect our concerns for protecting tenants, funding vital public services, safeguarding civil liberties, promoting small businesses and nonprofits, appointing qualified people to commissions, and valuing the environment more than "green" press releases and corporate profits.
To view our guide (PDF), please click here
Most Commented On
- Uber’s secret, “proprietary” insurance policy leaked - July 29, 2014
- Burning the Man? Well, not exactly, at least not yet - July 29, 2014
- BXXwQUdWEH - July 28, 2014
- Growth potential - July 28, 2014
- bRCQAUuHtAsdAZ - July 28, 2014
- JxjOEJLdsOafMEKvX - July 28, 2014
- Deportation will help them - July 28, 2014
- Burning the Man? Well, not exactly, at least not yet - July 28, 2014
- illegally evict enough people - July 28, 2014
- Report details how brown and black communities are decimated, - July 28, 2014