The Guardian has been periodically producing the Board of Supervisors' Good Vote Guide for many years, tracking where our elected representatives come down on important issues. And unlike a similar poll recently put out by the San Francisco Chamber of Commerce, which chose 10 votes designed to promote deregulating and subsidizing big businesses, we chose items important to the broad public interest.
The 20 votes we selected this time reflect our concerns for protecting tenants, funding vital public services, safeguarding civil liberties, promoting small businesses and nonprofits, appointing qualified people to commissions, and valuing the environment more than "green" press releases and corporate profits.
To view our guide (PDF), please click here
Most Commented On
- Wrongfully terminated Oakland Airport workers still fighting to - December 8, 2013
- HUMOR AND ANGER - December 8, 2013
- Ellis evictions provide what is probably the only affordable - December 8, 2013
- ELLIS ACT PROUDLY !!! Don’t - December 8, 2013
- These gadgets/smartphones - December 8, 2013
- What addiction to smart phone - December 8, 2013
- Addicted to your smartphone? - December 8, 2013
- You can infer the quality of the units from the plans - December 8, 2013
- I'm not asking the Marsh to go. I am asking them to practice - December 8, 2013
- wtf - December 8, 2013