Intriguing parties and the music they'll ravish you with
"We've had people that dress really nice, like from a certain era — and we've had people in their underwear, ha ha," says one of my favorite club people, Primo Pitino, of the attendees at the fantastic, eight-year-old, twice-monthly, doo-woppy Oldies Night, which he puts on with DJs Ivar and Daniel. "But our party isn't a throwback party for turning back the clock, it's for playing music we used to dance around the house naked to, like 'Please Mr. Postman.' And our cute crowd has a fairly low asshole ratio." It's all true, and not a hard sell by half.
Little Eva, "The Loco-Motion" Gino Washington, "Out Of This World" The Montereys, "Without A Girl" Bo Diddley, "Bo Diddley" The Metros, "Since I Found My Baby"
First and third Fridays, 10 p.m., $3. The Knockout, 3223 Mission, SF. www.theknockoutsf.com
Most Commented On
- aFygUdPcXhr - July 24, 2014
- More $ to Muni means more absenteeism. - July 24, 2014
- Um... Tenant's rights might - July 24, 2014
- FncnUMLWjS - July 24, 2014
- hope you will share so much - July 24, 2014
- Re; - July 24, 2014
- NSA surveillance scandal goes full tilt clown - July 24, 2014
- jMYvwYeYbjltKJ - July 24, 2014
- osKHyQslGcOvSWA - July 24, 2014
- GWBcLSahBpZ - July 23, 2014