Intriguing parties and the music they'll ravish you with
"We've had people that dress really nice, like from a certain era — and we've had people in their underwear, ha ha," says one of my favorite club people, Primo Pitino, of the attendees at the fantastic, eight-year-old, twice-monthly, doo-woppy Oldies Night, which he puts on with DJs Ivar and Daniel. "But our party isn't a throwback party for turning back the clock, it's for playing music we used to dance around the house naked to, like 'Please Mr. Postman.' And our cute crowd has a fairly low asshole ratio." It's all true, and not a hard sell by half.
Little Eva, "The Loco-Motion" Gino Washington, "Out Of This World" The Montereys, "Without A Girl" Bo Diddley, "Bo Diddley" The Metros, "Since I Found My Baby"
First and third Fridays, 10 p.m., $3. The Knockout, 3223 Mission, SF. www.theknockoutsf.com
Most Commented On
- Only if the server is a male. If it is a female then the correct - December 6, 2013
- And you are "worth reading" why? - December 6, 2013
- As with any other paper, I skip things that look like - December 6, 2013
- Meetings like that always get more "pro" than "against" - December 6, 2013
- That's Just What They Said About the Live/Work Lofts - December 6, 2013
- And your comments? - December 6, 2013
- Etiquette query - December 6, 2013
- You don't look at the cover - December 6, 2013
- You lost me at "greed-driven". - December 6, 2013
- Marsh Asked - December 6, 2013