Our bodies know this, even if our monkey minds often get too distracted by the bright shininess of modern technological existence to pay attention. Of course the seasons affect us.
So what can you do? Your therapist friend may be right, maybe you don't have the sort of seriously sad SAD that requires serious intervention, but maybe you have subsyndromal seasonal affective disorder, the milder kind (I'm willing to bet that I do, and we have plenty of company). Maybe you have low kisspeptin. Maybe you just don't like the dark. You could do the light-box therapy anyway, no matter what your friend says, and just see if it works. You could take a lovely "get your groove back" beach vacation. You could make sure you get out of the office every day at lunch. Or you could just figure that having a low libido for three months a year is not the most horrible thing that could possibly happen, and hibernate until it's over. You wouldn't be the first mammal to just pull the covers over her head and wait for the solstice. Your next mate can wait.
See Andrea's other column at carnalnation.com.
Most Commented On
- An amazing testimony on a spell caster who brought my wife back - April 23, 2014
- HOW I GOT MY EX LOVE BACK,THAT LEFT ME FOR THE PAST FOUR MONTHS - April 23, 2014
- THIS IS MY TESTIMONY ABOUT THE GOOD WORK OF Dr ATILA - April 23, 2014
- MY SPELLCASTER SHUT UP JASON GRANT GARZA! - April 23, 2014
- i am filled with joy in my heart thank you doctor ogogodu for yo - April 23, 2014
- ABC7's pedestrian safety coverage courts controversy - April 23, 2014
- It's extremely rare that a revenue increase is willingly - April 23, 2014
- It's terrible that the citizens of the city - April 23, 2014
- I AM SO HAPPY THAT MY EX IS - April 23, 2014
- How To Get Your husband Back & Avoid Divorce,Love Spells That R - April 23, 2014