Going to church with Reverend Bertie Pearson and EpiscoDisco
But there's a connection to the living at EpiscoDisco, too. "San Francisco nightlife can be a bit clique-y," says Pearson, a master of tart understatement. "Sometimes if you walk up to a group of people and just start talking to them, they look at you like you're insane. That doesn't happen here. Isn't that great?"
EPISCODISCO with DJ John Friend and Pale Hoarse live. Saturday, Dec. 19 and every third Saturday of the month, 7 p.m.-10 p.m., free. Grace Cathedral, 1100 California, SF. www.episcodisco.com
DERRICK MAY Yes, the Godfather is coming, throwing down one of his gleaming Hi-Tek-Soul soul sets to call the spirits down. Thu/10, 10 p.m., $10 advance. Vessel, 84 Campton Place, SF. www.vesselsf.com
AC SLATER Electro — saved by the bell? The latest banger boy wonder takes to the tables at Reverend Pearson's other club playground, Blow Up. Fri/11, 10 p.m., $10/$15, 18+. Rickshaw Stop, 155 Fell, SF. www.blowupsf.com
LE PERLE DEGLI SQUALLOR DJ Bus Station John's latest bathhouse disco and vinyl rarities monthly breaks cruise-y new queer ground at the Hotspot. Sat/12, 10 p.m., $5. Hotspot, 1414 Market, SF.
- jwIjSEcgFI - August 20, 2014
- get cure - August 20, 2014
- yncUcmbhhVYqsrn - August 20, 2014
- xdNdxqFqdeR - August 20, 2014
- We don't need a shit ton of condos - August 20, 2014
- Why sf why not San Jose? - August 20, 2014
- The Performant: Epochalypse Now - August 20, 2014
- Projections - August 20, 2014
- Rep. Speier calls for federal accreditation reform, citing CCSF - August 20, 2014
- Twitter tax break beneficiary Zendesk launches app to help the - August 20, 2014