CLUB REVIEW I love a pair of tits, but nothing's better than four of a kind. That's what I wanted when I hit electro/hip-hop party TITS, the bimonthly breast bash at the Transfer thrown by Parker Day. The woman puts on so many events we'd have to change our name to the Day Guardian to cover them all. Day divulged that the night's all about "drag shows and break-dancing, birthdays and binge drinking, broken bottles and blood."
Well, I demanded even more sometimes more is less for your typically hoodied hipoisie. And before Transfer owner Greg Bronstein even considers instating a dress code at the soon-to-be chi-chi-fied bar, it's still in-yer-face TNT (ta-tas 'n' ta-tas) action or bust for me. Call me a perv, but I follow a long line of true journalists, extending from Hugh Hefner to Helen Gurley Brown. And if Parker and her posse can man-nipple-ate 20-somethings into taking their tops off, then so can I. Trust.
So, camera in hand, I made my way past the dance floor to the sexy photo room in back, where there'd surely be some desperate publicity seekers Tara Reid, much? willing to do anything to be in a picture. Well, not so much. But channeling my best Hoe Francis, I managed to convince two straight boys (who worked there and had to do it), a gay boy (who was drunk), a woman (who had posed nude before), and finally another woman (a friend of the promoter, who also had to do it) and a Janice Dickinson male model (who's from LA and has no shame) to drop top and pose tit à tit. Ain't no stoppin' me now. So who's unleashin' CLITS?
First and third Fridays, 10 p.m.2 a.m., $5
198 Church, SF
Most Commented On
- Yes, Ed Lee remains wildly popular despite all the envy here. - July 29, 2014
- You could open shelters for 100,000 people - July 29, 2014
- Youth fares -- another Ed Lee victory! - July 29, 2014
- UwncKxiXFYwvgMpdj - July 29, 2014
- Here's your gentrification-eviction-displacement electro theme - July 29, 2014
- Projections - July 29, 2014
- No good deed goes unpunished - July 29, 2014
- Yes, the city has a three-step policy here: - July 29, 2014
- At least you admit that you have no good reason and only envy - July 29, 2014
- Yes of course, the only reason the city made the Twitter deal - July 29, 2014