Perhaps Luchando would be enhanced by a look outside the immediate scope of its subjects, in order to get a larger sense of the social conditions in which they are struggling. But there is also satisfaction to be found in its tightly focused account of lives that are both ordinary and foreign.
The sixth SF DocFest runs Sept. 28Oct. 10 at the Roxie Film Center, 3117 16th St., SF. Information about tickets ($10) and a complete schedule can be obtained by calling (415) 820-3907 or visiting www.sfindie.com.
GHOSTS AND NUMBERS
Tues/2, 7 p.m.; Oct. 7, 2:45 p.m.; $10
Sat/29 and Oct. 5, 9:15 p.m.; Oct. 6, 7 p.m.; $10
For an interview with Luchando director Noelle Stout, go to Pixel Vision at www.sfbg.com/blogs/pixel_vision.
Most Commented On
- Hello What a great and - April 18, 2014
- Hello I am carol - April 18, 2014
- i am Michael Davis from Los - April 18, 2014
- WSTIplStATvoUMI - April 18, 2014
- tifhALBCiBgXohWZjVNj - April 18, 2014
- QcWUdNcXLTWG - April 18, 2014
- FLkyXhOlYKUEYFqR - April 18, 2014
- MaTyjnUVgg - April 18, 2014
- OcyjxZQpLjtVfDgtVQa - April 18, 2014
- ZHXpfhPVpo - April 18, 2014