But it's one of the best places to drink yourself silly, and I love it for that.
240 Front, SF. (415) 421-4778, www.schroederssf.com
ROSAMUNDE SAUSAGE GRILL/TORONADO
You don't always want to sit down and pay for a big meal. Sometimes you just need something salty, meaty, and cheap ... but a changeup from tacos. Hit the Lower Haight, mein Freund, for one wicked tandem. Get the meat fix (say, wild boar and apple sausage) at Rosamunde Sausage Grill, and bring it next door to Toronado for a German (and many, many other kinds) of beer.
545 Haight, SF. (415) 437-6851; 547 Haight, SF. (415) 863-2776, www.toronado.com
LEHR'S GERMAN SPECIALITIES
If your enthusiasm for German food has you craving special pickles, mustard, wursts, or spaetzle mix, visit Lehr's in Noe Valley. Go anyway, actually, sample some of the chocolates and candy, and enjoy a spectacular throwback to family-run, neighborhood grocery stores. Let's do the time warp again.
1581 Church, SF. (415) 282-6803*
Most Commented On
- "only people who live in - December 9, 2013
- San Francisco has a budget more than some states - December 9, 2013
- My mom and her family used to - December 9, 2013
- The buses wreck the streets - December 9, 2013
- You watch corporate shuttles at night? - December 9, 2013
- Economics - December 9, 2013
- When progressive riots go wild the complaint here is that it was - December 9, 2013
- Interesting time to complain about concern troll - December 9, 2013
- Just a superficial and - December 9, 2013
- this is Margo ,I want to - December 9, 2013