I'm intrigued by the implication, in this season's plot arc, that the destruction of New York is a deliberate effort to ruin the world on the part of US politicians and businessmen. There's a strong dose of social criticism in that simple idea. Our heroes aren't trying to stop terrorists from outside the country they're trying to stop forces working on the inside.
Sure, you can watch Heroes just for the bang-pow, and I definitely recommend it for that. At its best the show is action packed and edge-of-your-seat thrilling. But it's also, like great comic books, about the real world. Best of all, it's about fixing the real world and making it safe for geeks, cheerleaders, and regular people. *
Annalee Newitz is a surly media nerd who thinks the Planet Hulk story line should be the basis for the next Hulk movie.
Most Commented On
- Wrong, Marcos, when white male tech workers like you buy up - December 12, 2013
- You speak of gay men like you - December 12, 2013
- Since when are CEOs and - December 12, 2013
- As they see fit - December 12, 2013
- what exactly do you mean by - December 12, 2013
- There are probably more - December 12, 2013
- What is offensive is the suggestion - December 12, 2013
- Xmas is coming - December 12, 2013
- Aspen Outreach - December 12, 2013
- WRONG SOLUTION - December 12, 2013